What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » some suggestions about the setup program

some suggestions about the setup program
Author: Message:
Phil_123

All your base are belong to us

– / Male / –
O.P. some suggestions about the setup program
How a typical user installs a program: Next, Next, I agree, I accept, OK, Yes, Finish. Lots of people do this, even when the setup program is translated into their native language. So, here are some suggestions to prevent users from accidently accepting the agreeing the sponsor agreement and then posting everywhere "Stay away from Messenger Plus! It is now bundled with adware!"

[Image: screen13nw.gif]
User must click that big button with red text on it to continue to the next page. The big button cannot be clicked until the 10-second countdown is over. (notice the :00)

[Image: untitled1dy.gif]
(I did not modify this screen)
The "big" version of the sponsor agreement, with the toolbar screenshot, but no I accept / I do not accept thing yet. User must scroll down to the bottom before the Close button can be pressed.
(In the current version, to see the "big" version of the sponsor agreement, you click the little + sign at the top right corner of the sponsor agreement)

[Image: screen28pf.gif]
A short message for people that did not actaully read the agreement.

[Image: screen34pb.gif]
A final screen where the user can verify the choices he/she made, including the installation of the sponsor program.

This post was edited on 12-12-2004 at 05:19 PM by Phil_123.
12-12-2004 05:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
some suggestions about the setup program - by Phil_123 on 12-12-2004 at 05:12 PM
RE: some suggestions about the setup program - by user27089 on 12-12-2004 at 05:17 PM
RE: some suggestions about the setup program - by MessEnGer on 12-12-2004 at 05:22 PM
RE: some suggestions about the setup program - by John on 12-12-2004 at 05:30 PM
RE: some suggestions about the setup program - by matty on 12-12-2004 at 05:43 PM
RE: some suggestions about the setup program - by Phil_123 on 12-12-2004 at 10:29 PM
RE: some suggestions about the setup program - by John on 12-12-2004 at 11:34 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: