What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » [split] the sponsor program again

[split] the sponsor program again
Author: Message:
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
RE: RE: [split] the sponsor program again
quote:
Originally posted by madman66
quote:
Originally posted by Sam Spade
2.  If 'the only software installed is the toolbar' where are the popup windows coming from?
The toolbar?

Not when its described as ''simply a small searchbar'.

The easiest way to answer your question is to disable the 'small searchbar' (you know, that silver thing that takes up the entire width of the screen) and nothing else, and see if the popups continue ;)

Of course, you will need to work out how to disable just the toolbar, without affecting anything else, including that damned irritating passthrough bar, not an easy thing for the inexperienced.

I know the answers, I'm simply waiting to see how deep this particular hole goes...

I'm also looking forward, with interest, to Anubis' advice as to how to 'change' the search bar, the pop up advertisements or the passthrough bar (which re-enables itself every time IE is restarted), none of which have a 'turn off' feature.

BTW, do either of you have the Sponsor Program installed? If so, how long have you been using it for?:angel:

This post was edited on 12-23-2004 at 03:22 PM by Sam Spade.
12-23-2004 03:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: