What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus slow???

Messenger Plus slow???
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus slow???
Ok, there is much said in this thread, let's put everything back to order...

quote:
Originally posted by mgr328
as i said it also happened to me when i had msn 6.2 and Messenger Plus 3.25 so it cant be that
You still haven't reported if the slowing down problem still exists after you've uninstalled Messenger Plus!...

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Make sure that Messenger and Messenger Plus are both running. Hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete, click on the tab at the top called processes and look for msmsgs.exe and MsgPlus.exe...make a not of their reading in the Mem Usage column. Then exit out of MSN Messenger (not sign out I mean right click on the Messenger icon and click on exit) and then go back to the MsgPlus.exe process and click on End process...
then start up MSN Messenger and make a note of msmsgs.exe's mem usage...then tell us the results...The following information may also help in solving your problem;
Your computer's rough specifications (including your version of windows and processor speed).
Defragmenting your hard drive may help this problem. To do so do the following...Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Defragmenter > (click on your hard drive most likely C:\) then click Defragment. Please note this may take a while, and is not guaranteed to solve your problem.
The task manager will not give you an accurate reading on the memory usage. You can not see how much memory a program effectivly is using with task manager. Furthermore, the figur would be even less accurate if you have just started the program.

quote:
Originally posted by bungee
When I installed Messenger Plus it went incredibly slow. Once I uninstalled again (which took a long time due to the crippled machine!) it returned to normal. I did NOTHING else in between, so it MUST be Messenger Plus that caused the problem.
Yes and no. If you have a crippled machine, it can still be anything. The fact that uninstalling was slow; took a long time, is a big indicator that something else is (also) wrong, not just Messenger Plus! (as uninstalling is nothing more then some basic windows filehandling stuff). First make sure your PC and Windows is up to date and works perfectly...

quote:
Originally posted by f1d0d1d08989
And, perhaps you can try to use programs to free up your memory so your system can run much faster.
Softwares like RAMBooster can do it.
I suggest to not use ramboosters if your PC and/or Windows isn't running perfectly. How contradicting it may seems, ramboosters can cause more system slowdowns, low performances and strange errors.

quote:
Originally posted by bungee
If you installed with the sponsor programs as I did (inadvertantly!) then you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling without enabling the sponsor as that seems to have fixed it for me!!
Sorry Mr. sponsor, but it works.
There is no difference in performance if MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus! is running compared to when they are not running, when the sponsor is installed.

The sponsor is a seperate program and is not influenced by the running of MSN Messenger nor Messenger Plus!, or vice versa. Like someone else said, the sponsor program is running all the time, even when MSN Messenger or Messenger Plus! is not running.

And the problem is not an overall system slowdown, but only a slowdown when MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus! is running...

[OFF TOPIC]
quote:
Originally posted by *mgr328*
ok i will try that and by the way i had to register again because i couldnt look at any of the forums
If you got the error "server load limit has been reached" or you didn't see anything at all, then it had nothing todo with your account. That means that the server was too busy at that moment and nobody could view the forums. You shouldn't had to create a new account...

quote:
Originally posted by *mgr328*
and i have also got another problem it only happens when i log in on messenger because i have msn 7 you no if there are emoticons in somones name it comes out as a code not the emoticon but if my friends sign in then it is fine the emoticons display as pictures not like

ok when msn is open there is 1mb of ram and when i close it i have about 17mb
Make another thread for this problem. Otherwise this thread will become a mess...

PS: Do not double post!! It is not allowed, if you want to add something to a previous post, use the [Image: edit.gif] button.
[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 01-02-2005 at 10:44 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-02-2005 10:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Messenger Plus slow??? - by mgr328 on 01-01-2005 at 02:10 AM
RE: Messenger Plus slow??? - by CookieRevised on 01-01-2005 at 04:55 AM
RE: Messenger Plus slow??? - by mgr328 on 01-01-2005 at 04:57 AM
RE: Messenger Plus slow??? - by CookieRevised on 01-01-2005 at 05:10 AM
RE: Messenger Plus slow??? - by matty on 01-01-2005 at 06:58 AM
RE: Messenger Plus slow??? - by mgr328 on 01-01-2005 at 09:45 AM
RE: Messenger Plus slow??? - by Anubis on 01-01-2005 at 10:27 AM