What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » What r my rights regarding my PC

What r my rights regarding my PC
Author: Message:
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. What r my rights regarding my PC
Last yeat (18 January 2004) i baught a computer from Tesco Barhill, in Cambridge, UK. It was a Time PC Bundle. However, a few months later i started experiencing problems. Every now and then, for now reason Windows would free for about two minutes, then come back again with a lowere colour quality and a message saying my Display Card/Driver has failed and that i must restart my PC to restore functionalilty. After doing so Windows asks if you want to report the problem to microsoft, once that is done they give possible resolutions to the problem. The only real one they give is to decreaces display hardware acceleration, however if i do this to the next lower level then icons and buttons on my screen arent displayed, so i have to have it at full acceleration.

Anyway, after a calls to the Time Customer Service people, i waas told to install drivers from the Drivers CD supplied with the PC, however this did not resolve the issue. I then called them again, and was told to run the restore CD (Restore PC to factory settings) which also did not help. Well to shorten this long story, i ended up using the restore CD twice. after the second Time didn't work, i called again and was told to install drivers from the web. However one of the drivers the CS agent said i should install, i called be and spoke to the same man again, he then said to try another driver which also didnt work. Called him back again and he arranged to have the PC taken in for repairs. On 12 January 2005 my PC was returned to me after being "repaired". We also got a receipt when it was returned to us saying the replaced the Motherboard and CPU.

Two weeks later the problem happened again. Once again we called Time and was once again told to use the Restore CD, i fefused as i'd done it a number of times before and it didnt help. The CS agent then hung up on us. We called back and we answered by a different CS agent, after giving our account info we were told he couldnt help us as our warranty had expired. We told him that the PC was with them three weeks ago, while still under warranty to have this problem repaired. He kept insisting that he couldnt help us unless we baught a new 1year contract for £160. 

Well basically, what i want to ask is, legaly aren't they liable to repair this problem as it was with them for repairs and and back to us while still under warranty and the problem resurfaced? The replaced the motherboard and CPU which a the core parts of the PC so shouldn't they have extened the warranty even it was only for a few additional months as they had replaced parts in it?

Please help, If you would like to see the receipt we got from them please PM me.

RileyM
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
02-14-2005 08:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
What r my rights regarding my PC - by Salem on 02-14-2005 at 08:35 PM
RE: What r my rights regarding my PC - by .blade// on 02-14-2005 at 08:42 PM
RE: What r my rights regarding my PC - by ayjay on 02-14-2005 at 08:44 PM
RE: RE: What r my rights regarding my PC - by Salem on 02-14-2005 at 09:24 PM
RE: What r my rights regarding my PC - by saralk on 02-14-2005 at 09:07 PM