What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN v Proxy - change in V7

MSN v Proxy - change in V7
Author: Message:
njonesn

O.P. Huh?  MSN v Proxy - change in V7
Hi,
Hoping someone can help or maybe this is something that can be added to a new release of Plus or a reg patch?

Background.
I use my work laptop at work and at home.
At work we use a proxy so have to enter this proxy address in the Internet Settings in IE to access the internet.
I also have to use this proxy with MSN Mess to give it internet access at work.
At home I do not need a proxy to access the internet so I have to remove it from my Internet Settings to get connected to my DSL line (Wireless Router).

Problem.
With previous versions of MSN Mess; when I was at home all I needed to do was change my IE settings so that no proxy was used and MSN Mess would then connect and I did not need to change MSN Mess proxy settings. I seems that MSN Mess would check the Systems settings (IE) to see if it can connect and then its own proxy settings (or vice versa).
With MSN 7 it seems that I HAVE to change its proxy settings to get a connection even if my system has internet connection and I can browse the internet in MSN.

I am finding this to be quite annoying.
Anyone know of a fix etc....? Could this feature of the old version be added to a Messenger Plus release?

Cheers all.
Nathan
03-09-2005 08:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
MSN v Proxy - change in V7 - by njonesn on 03-09-2005 at 08:54 PM
RE: MSN v Proxy - change in V7 - by brian on 03-10-2005 at 03:03 AM
RE: MSN v Proxy - change in V7 - by njonesn on 03-10-2005 at 07:42 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend