What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad

GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad
aaarggh, confusing thread (another one)...

to the people in general: use the "quote"-button if you want to reply to something specific and give a nice explaination, which is very important in this case... I can perfectly imagine that many posts are very confussing and don't make much sense for a first time user (no offense though). Even if recapped (see below) this will still be confussing...

So recap:

* Disable "Show Emoticons in messages" in the MSN Messenger Options: Tools > Options > Messages

This will disable the emoticons in a conversation all together. This means that if you type :P, it will not automatically be changed in :P. This also means that text recieved from your contacts will not have emoticons in them, but the code instead. But beware, your contacts still see the emoticons, unless they too disable this option of course.

* To disable only the automatically emoticon appeariance when you type :P, you can use the Messenger Plus! plugin StuffPlug-NG or some other patches which patch your MSN Messenger.

This plugin has many options, one of these is to disable the auto-emoticon typing. Result will be that you wont see the emoticons while you're typing, just like in the old MSN Messenger versions. But your contact will still see the emoticons.

* The Messenger Plus! command '/noicon' can be used to send a text without emoticons. This means when you type "/noicon (f)x" you contact will see "(f)x", regardless of the above options.

With the plugin StuffPlug-NG you can also enable an auto-talker so that the command '/noicon' will be automatically added to your texts.

* For maths, there is a special plugin created called LaTeX Math Plugin (which works, but still has some issues). Both you and your contact need this plugin (and Plus! of course). With it, you'll be able to make and display complex math formulas. The plugin will convert typed formula's into a proper displayed formula.

This plugin has nothing todo with emoticons displaying or not.

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 07:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-17-2005 07:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by Cryme on 03-17-2005 at 03:25 PM
RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by Weyzza on 03-17-2005 at 03:26 PM
RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by Cryme on 03-17-2005 at 03:27 PM
RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by andrey on 03-17-2005 at 03:43 PM
RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by Eljay on 03-17-2005 at 03:46 PM
RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by (CyBeRDuDe) on 03-17-2005 at 04:47 PM
RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by matty on 03-17-2005 at 07:03 PM
RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by CookieRevised on 03-17-2005 at 07:38 PM
RE: RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by Andrudis on 08-05-2005 at 08:31 PM
RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by Cryme on 04-01-2005 at 03:30 AM
RE: GREAT IDEA for a Plug-In... I want it sooo bad - by TheBlasphemer on 08-06-2005 at 11:28 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: