What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » How to link "My Display Name" to computer being used?

How to link "My Display Name" to computer being used?
Author: Message:
HeXa

O.P. RE: RE: How to link "My Display Name" to computer being used?
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
If you know anything about the registry, you can edit the NameOnSignin string located at  HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences.

"If not empty, Messenger Plus! will use this value to change your name to a default one every time you sign-in on a specific computer."

You can also download Plus! Tweak to help you edit that value :)

I know my way around regedit :)

sounds like EXACTLY what I am after.... I have admin access on all the PCs so registry changes is no problemo.

Thanks to everyone who offered ideas... will post back soon with results :D

- HeXa
04-13-2005 04:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How to link "My Display Name" to computer being used? - by HeXa on 04-12-2005 at 11:33 PM
RE: How to link "My Display Name" to computer being used? - by albert on 04-12-2005 at 11:40 PM
RE: RE: How to link "My Display Name" to computer being used? - by HeXa on 04-13-2005 at 04:25 AM
RE: How to link "My Display Name" to computer being used? - by Joa on 04-13-2005 at 12:07 AM
RE: How to link "My Display Name" to computer being used? - by ddunk on 04-13-2005 at 04:32 AM
RE: RE: How to link "My Display Name" to computer being used? - by HeXa on 04-13-2005 at 04:35 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: