What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Unlocking messenger

Unlocking messenger
Author: Message:
C0NTiNUiTY

!!!BERK!!! -FEED ME-

40 / Male / –
O.P. Unlocking messenger
I used to be a Trillian user (a pro - subscribed one) but hav since seen the light and have converted. Been using msgplus for about a month now and have registered for the forums so before anything......

Hi!!!

I would like to request the implementation of a message /unlock command to unlock messenger, the following waffle explains why:

quote:
Originally posted by [b
The Waffle[/b]]
I play games a lot and one annoyance with messenger is the toasts crippling your frame rate and message windows stealing focus.

I use batch files to launch my games and when the shortcut plugin came out it meant i could incorporate a shortcut into my batch file.

code:
for example..

start /wait C:\Progra~1\Messen~2\Plugins\Shortcut.exe "/com=sendtext=2=<name removed>@hotmail.com=/lock /com=sendtext=2=<name removed>@hotmail.com=/away I can't return your message right now. I am playing >--- Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory %2 ---< /com=delay=1 /com=sendtext=2=<name removed>@hotmail.com=/pic enemy /com=delay=3 /com=closeconvo=<name removed>@hotmail.com /com="

start d:\mycust~1\q3emin~1.exe

del /f /s c:\progra~1\wolfen~1\*.pid

"%systemroot%\radrun.exe" D:\My Customisations\Radlinks\et.radlnk %*

start /wait C:\Progra~1\Messen~2\Plugins\Shortcut.exe "/com=sendtext=4=<insert name>@hotmail.com=/pic burk /com=delay=2   /com=closeconvo=<insert>@hotmail.com /com=delay=3 /com=status=onl /com="

To summarize:

it locks messenger sets my away message to the game + ip of server, changes buddy icon to game, loads up quake 3 engine minimizer, launches game, when game finished changes to online and restores my buddy icon.

The problem:

Its great now tht i can auto lock messenger so i dont get any more focus stealing but i have a problem, seein as the messenger lock function doesnot change the icon of messenger i sometimes forget to unlock messenger making my friends think i am ignoring them. I also have missed the opportunity to reply to important messages because when i finally realise tht messenger is still locked the contact has since signed off.

The solution:

If an /unlock command could be added to msgplus i could add that to the shortcut to automatically unlock messenger (althou the message windows are hidden the shortcut plugin still sends text to ppls) and i would never forget to unlock it again.

04-27-2005 12:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Unlocking messenger - by C0NTiNUiTY on 04-27-2005 at 12:17 PM
RE: Unlocking messenger - by linx05 on 04-27-2005 at 12:54 PM
RE: Unlocking messenger - by C0NTiNUiTY on 04-27-2005 at 01:46 PM
RE: Unlocking messenger - by CookieRevised on 04-27-2005 at 01:55 PM
RE: Unlocking messenger - by linx05 on 04-27-2005 at 02:40 PM
RE: Unlocking messenger - by C0NTiNUiTY on 04-27-2005 at 03:29 PM
RE: Unlocking messenger - by CookieRevised on 04-27-2005 at 03:34 PM
RE: Unlocking messenger - by C0NTiNUiTY on 04-27-2005 at 03:52 PM