What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » I need some help with custom sounds...

I need some help with custom sounds...
Author: Message:
Jmiah22

O.P. Update: I found the problem with my custom sounds
Ok, after all this time, I found out why my custom sounds were not playing. I have a program call Adsubtract, which as the name implies is an anti-ad, anti-pop up program. Well I got to thinking when I saw the post to check and see if sounds.msgplus.net was in the hosts file, and it wasn't. That got me thinking along that line and I turned off Adsubtract and the sounds work. I turn it back on and they quit. I am not sure how it stops the sounds, but I will toy around with it and see what I can figure out. I have been using this program all along and had sounds, it is only in the past few days that somehow it has been stopping them.

Ok, I seem to have figured this one out. You have to put sounds.msgplus.net in the list of websites to bypass filtering and you can run the program and have custom sounds. Adsubtract works as a proxy and filters out all ads in websites.

Thanks to all of you out there who gave me suggestions on what to try.

This post was edited on 04-30-2005 at 04:13 PM by Jmiah22.
04-30-2005 04:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
I need some help with custom sounds... - by Jmiah22 on 04-29-2005 at 03:49 AM
RE: I need some help with custom sounds... - by prashker on 04-29-2005 at 03:57 AM
RE: I need some help with custom sounds... - by Jmiah22 on 04-29-2005 at 04:02 AM
RE: I need some help with custom sounds... - by matty on 04-29-2005 at 05:32 AM
RE: I need some help with custom sounds... - by Jmiah22 on 04-29-2005 at 03:40 PM
RE: I need some help with custom sounds... - by wj on 04-29-2005 at 04:27 PM
RE: I need some help with custom sounds... - by Jmiah22 on 04-29-2005 at 11:50 PM
Update: I found the problem with my custom sounds - by Jmiah22 on 04-30-2005 at 04:09 PM
RE: Update: I found the problem with my custom sounds - by Sunshine on 04-30-2005 at 04:28 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: