What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Linksys router making me mad

Linksys router making me mad
Author: Message:
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Linksys router making me mad
The other day I got a virus called new.net [newdotnet] and wut it did was redirect both firefox AND internet explorer to anything but what Im looking for. For instance:

code:
www.msgplus.net would bring me to www.msgplus.net.ayv

Now I was able to fix this after scanning my anti virus, anti-spyware, anti-virus, anti-spyware.....and so on untill I scanned it 4 times for each of those programs.

During the scans I had to unplug the cable for my internet into my computer because otherwise newdotnet would come back. when I plugged the internet again newdotnet did NOT come back however my internet either...Windows told me I had a limited connection or no connection at all. I tried everything from unpluging the net from the router to pass it directly to the computer, to resetting the computer 20 times in a row. The computer downstairs (the one Im using now) has no problems at all, no virus, and a perfectly good internet connection.
     What happened however is that when I put my settings of my internet upstairs back to what they were before [another way of trying to make it work] it said I was connected....but I'm still not. I'm just connected to the computer downstairs and I am able to use the printer...that's it....believe me I check ALL my internet settings and they are allw hat they were before the virus. I really don't know what to do anymore because I NEED that computer to work on my website and my friend's website. I promised her she'd get it yesterday and that's when I couldn't connect...I figured I could reformat but I really don't want to have to backup all my data again...any ideas?
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
05-20-2005 02:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Linksys router making me mad - by Lou on 05-20-2005 at 02:06 PM
RE: Linksys router making me mad - by ddunk on 05-20-2005 at 02:17 PM
RE: Linksys router making me mad - by Lou on 05-20-2005 at 03:59 PM
RE: Linksys router making me mad - by segosa on 05-20-2005 at 09:44 PM
RE: RE: Linksys router making me mad - by rav0 on 05-21-2005 at 01:54 AM
RE: Linksys router making me mad - by Lou on 05-22-2005 at 02:36 PM
RE: Linksys router making me mad - by segosa on 05-22-2005 at 05:38 PM