What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware"

spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware"
Author: Message:
kibblesnbits

O.P. Huh?  spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware"
Right, so, hi and whatnot.

I recently got a spyware scanner thingie (Microsoft Anti spyware; beta), and the results say that MSG plus DOES have spyware. I went to the FAQs and this is what it says (and I quote):

The best proof that Messenger Plus! is not a spyware or another kind of virus is that no serious Anti-Virus software or Spy-Detection tool will detect Messenger Plus! as being dangerous in any way... Some lies are propagated on the internet about Messenger Plus! by people who are just trying to kill its reputation...

Microsoft came up with this anti spyware. It's not some "unserious" spy-detection, it's a good one (seriously, it is; it got rid of several other spyware things I knew I had, but couldn't get rid of). Now, I haven't removed MSG plus yet because I love this thing, and it says the danger of the spyware is pretty low.

I've already uninstalled the sponsor thing from Add/Remove programs, thinking maybe that was it. It wasn't, it still detects stuff. Anyone else have this problem and how to solve it? I probably won't uninstall it (I love MSG plus too much), but if there's a way to get rid of the spyware and still keep MSG plus, then I'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance,
~kibbles
06-05-2005 01:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware" - by kibblesnbits on 06-05-2005 at 01:16 PM
RE: spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware" - by Anubis on 06-05-2005 at 01:24 PM
RE: spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware" - by Tochjo on 06-05-2005 at 01:26 PM
RE: spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware" - by Zephyr on 06-05-2005 at 01:26 PM
RE: spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware" - by sweetgikelke on 06-08-2005 at 09:43 AM
RE: spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware" - by RaceProUK on 06-08-2005 at 11:58 AM
RE: spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware" - by Zephyr on 06-08-2005 at 12:02 PM
RE: spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware" - by kibblesnbits on 06-08-2005 at 08:40 PM
RE: spyware detected by "Microsoft Anti-Spyware" - by RaceProUK on 06-09-2005 at 01:11 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: