What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Ads Ads Ads... no more

Ads Ads Ads... no more
Author: Message:
Unknown...

O.P. RE: Ads Ads Ads... no more
Thanks for the replies everyone!  :)

I have since performed a system restore and regained 6.2's former glory.  I'll hold onto it until its final breath! (I.E. Microsoft makes 7.0 a compulsory download... <sob> it shall be a sad day).  In my experiences with 7.0 I also noticed it's much slower and uses more memory than 6.2.  Has MSN messenger become 'bloat-ware'?  Time will tell what lies ahead...

When I'm forced to upgrade to 7.0 I'll do so before quickly applying some of the solutions you've all suggested.  I still feel that Microsoft is taking 'in-program advertisement' too far.  Looks like many feel as I do (will Microsoft get the hint?  I wouldn't hold my breath) and plus plugins such as Stuffplug have really come of age (this is why I love this community!).

To raceprouk:
I understand it's easy to ignore these things. The heart of the matter is I SHOULD NOT have to, no matter what they are! (I did mark both items you highlighted as a 'low annoyance' compared to other things).  I feel Microsoft is stepping over the mark, and I will not tolerate it.
As per their naming conventions, that will be interesting to watch! (I'd still like some actual space there rather than a link to 'space'! :P )  I've never seen the purpose of appending 'special' Windows folders with the word 'My' (after all, it's in YOUR account... if it's not yours, whose is it?!)  Still, Longhorn isn't looking all that impressive so far, especially considering that Microsofts' competitors (<cough>Apple<cough>) are doing some innovative things in the OS sector.  I'm sure we're not getting the full picture though, and perhaps the late June / early July beta will reveal more. (this is a whole new discussion - let's not go off topic)

So thanks again everyone!  If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to add them :)

06-18-2005 11:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Ads Ads Ads... no more - by Unknown... on 06-16-2005 at 03:02 PM
RE: Ads Ads Ads... no more - by Tochjo on 06-16-2005 at 03:05 PM
RE: Ads Ads Ads... no more - by absorbation on 06-16-2005 at 03:06 PM
RE: Ads Ads Ads... no more - by Anubis on 06-16-2005 at 03:09 PM
RE: Ads Ads Ads... no more - by RaceProUK on 06-16-2005 at 09:09 PM
RE: Ads Ads Ads... no more - by Unknown... on 06-18-2005 at 11:45 AM
RE: Ads Ads Ads... no more - by CookieRevised on 06-18-2005 at 11:52 AM
RE: Ads Ads Ads... no more - by absorbation on 06-18-2005 at 11:53 AM