What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end.

Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end.
Author: Message:
aadnk

O.P. RE: Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end.
Thanks for the reply!

I'm sure you could fix this problem entirely by tweakning the Messenger Plus!'s settings, but the standard-settings would still pose a problem when parsing older logs.

My point is that this would very unlikely be a problem if the user's nickname was truncated the same way as in the log.  And, because most people put a segment they never change in the beginning of their nickname, it would nearly be possible to rely on this completely.

I agree: It is the simplicity of the Messenger Plus!-logs that is its strenght (which is why I use them insted of the MSN Messenger XML-logs), but this problem clearly complicates things. I've even had problems understanding which messange that belongs to who when reading the log myself. I think it woild be much easier if the nicknames used were mostly equal, and not completely different.

And I don't really see what compatibility-problems such a change would result in.
07-08-2005 02:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end. - by aadnk on 07-08-2005 at 03:09 AM
RE: Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end. - by CookieRevised on 07-08-2005 at 12:08 PM
RE: Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end. - by aadnk on 07-08-2005 at 02:58 PM
RE: Problem with log-files: Participants' nickname shouldn't get cropped at the end. - by CookieRevised on 07-08-2005 at 03:08 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: