What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Stop listening for when I'm back!

Stop listening for when I'm back!
Author: Message:
Unknown...

O.P. RE: Stop listening for when I'm back!
quote:
Originally posted by Brian
I guess that would only be possible, if Patchou codes it, impossible to really 'code' something that changes MP!

I'm presuming that this setting doesn't exist then :(
Is there a plugin out there that can do something similar?  Mouse events don't necessarily need to be ignored - I'm sure there are other solutions (the feasibility of them is another story however!).
Here are some ideas - please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm making a lot of assumptions based on how I see the program working, not going through actual code.

I presume the current status needs to be saved/remembered somewhere before the automatic (temporary) 'away' status is applied.  This can be seen with the following:
1. If you are 'Online' it will auto-change to 'Away' after 5 minutes and revert back to 'Online' when you generate events.
2. If you are 'Busy' it will auto-change to 'Away' after 5 minutes and revert back to 'Busy' when you generate events.

If this is true then it may be possible for a plugin to change the 'saved status' to mirror what the 'automatic (temporary) status' is.
I.E. If the automatic status change is invoked and sets the status to 'away', then also change the 'saved status' to away.  When events are detected the program would attempt to change the status from 'away' to 'away', resulting in no change! :P (am I making sense here?)

Another simpler idea would be a plugin that manages the automatic status change functionality itself (would require disabling of the Windows/MSN Messenger and Plus! functionality).  It would directly change the status as opposed to apply a temporary one.  On second thought, this may not be that simple either...

Any suggestions are welcome!  If it is something that needs to be considered for implementation by Patchou, what is the best way to bring it to his attention? (I'm sure he's doing a billion other things)  I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up before.  Searching the forums I couldn't find anything :(

* Thinking the same thing raceprouk :P
** And he beats me AGAIN! Damn you're quick! I must have been writing mine as you wrote your post!

This post was edited on 07-18-2005 at 06:11 PM by Unknown....
07-18-2005 06:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Stop listening for when I'm back! - by Unknown... on 07-18-2005 at 04:22 PM
RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by brian on 07-18-2005 at 04:27 PM
RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by RaceProUK on 07-18-2005 at 05:56 PM
RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by Unknown... on 07-18-2005 at 06:05 PM
RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by RaceProUK on 07-18-2005 at 06:07 PM
RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by Unknown... on 08-04-2005 at 06:09 PM
RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by djtumshi on 08-11-2005 at 12:29 AM
RE: RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by Unknown... on 08-18-2005 at 09:15 AM
RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by Unknown... on 08-20-2005 at 04:30 PM
RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by mwe99 on 08-20-2005 at 04:59 PM
RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by Freeze on 08-22-2005 at 09:46 AM
RE: RE: Stop listening for when I'm back! - by Unknown... on 09-20-2005 at 06:21 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: