What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [split] Tab Suggestion

[split] Tab Suggestion
Author: Message:
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [split] Tab Suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
quote:
Originally posted by Poom
Offline contacts are not included
You can group them out and contract the group, like I do.

What if the user likes grouping the contact in groups, not online/offline. This actually limits the options, obviously. I'd rather have a new window popping up with all online contacts.

quote:
quote:
I don't know how you think that clicking one button is harder than openning the contact list and scroll down the laggy list
Well, the only difference is that you have to double-click on the tray icon. And if the contact list is laggy for you, hide the DPs and make the buddies small.
Besides, that dialog does not show any aparent order other than alphabetical, no groups, no hidden groups... etc

Like I said, what if someone wants the contact list with dps. This limits the options. Also, like I said, I'd rather have a new window than limitting my contact list. Besides, the new windows could be coded so that it can be sorted in different ways.

quote:
The default one is already for closing window, which should be left as it is to avoid confusion. The one I made is actually near the tabs, which should indicates how it relates to tabs.

Have you ever used Word?
Lower close button: close document
Upper Close button: close application

No how many times have you missed the button and closed the whole application?
Middle click on the tab closes it. This means any tab. Esc closes current tab. I agree there should be a conbo or a context menu option to close all tabs, but I wouldn't add a button. Also, the tab can be set to the top or to the left of the convos, so it wouldn't have much sense to place a close button anyway.

Did you mean know instead of no? If it is no, then it doesn't make much sense there. >.> Anyway, I have used Words and know how it is. This is just a suggestion and could be adjusted to be better. It would be better if we have close tab and close window buttons seperated. There it is, a possible way of having both buttons. Of course, there can be better ideas, but having two of them seperated is better than having one. As for the shortcuts, I use those stuff my self for firefox, but normal people won't use them. Typical computer users do not use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. So, I think it'd be better if we have a button, not just a shortcut or a right click menu. Besides that, isn't it Patchou who decides whether the button shall be put or not? =P Let's hear Patchou's opinion.

quote:
quote:
Though I nerver used it on Trillian, it does have some obvious use.
It does indeed: right click > Ungroup this chat.
If you become used to it, you can use Ctrl+F8, which is quite faster than putting a whole new button. Also, as I said, there may be a mouse combination for that.

Like I said, typical user won't use those Ctrl shortcuts and would like a button instead of a right click. I like Ctrl shortcuts myself, but the fact is that the majority uses buttons. There is actually no harm at all putting a button there, taking up only about 10x10 pixels. It is better than having to right click then choose the option. Having a button is better than not having one to me.

I don't know why you do not want them so much, but I can't see any harm in adding the buttons for those Ctrl shortcuts. Of course, this is just a suggestion and it could be compromised to make the best choice. Besides that, this is actually an interface suggestion and I don't see why you would bother adding Ctrl shortcuts to the conversation. Right-click has something to do with interface, but I don't really see the point of putting Ctrl shortcuts here.

This post was edited on 08-31-2005 at 02:22 PM by Poom.
08-31-2005 02:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: