What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [split] Tab Suggestion

[split] Tab Suggestion
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: [split] Tab Suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by Poom
Typical users won't remember

Typical users won't use the ungroup feature more than maybe once a month if ever, trust me ;)

quote:
What if the user likes grouping the contact in groups, not online/offline.

Oh dear... you can do both. :-/

quote:
Did you mean know instead of no? If it is no, then it doesn't make much sense there. >.> Anyway, I have used Words and know how it is. This is just a suggestion and could be adjusted to be better. It would be better if we have close tab and close window buttons seperated. There it is, a possible way of having both buttons. Of course, there can be better ideas, but having two of them seperated is better than having one. As for the shortcuts, I use those stuff my self for firefox, but normal people won't use them. Typical computer users do not use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. So, I think it'd be better if we have a button, not just a shortcut or a right click menu. Besides that, isn't it Patchou who decides whether the button shall be put or not? =P Let's hear Patchou's opinion.
Nah, I meant "now".
There should be an option to close all tabs at once, I'm not discussing that. I'm just discussing it _should not_ be another close button. Better than that a key combo like Ctrl-Esc. Sure, typical users don't really know much about combos, but they don't have any option to close all coversations anyway, except maybe for closing or logging out Messenger. Adding another close button will be more a problem than a solution.

quote:
I don't know why you do not want them so much, but I can't see any harm in adding the buttons for those Ctrl shortcuts. Of course, this is just a suggestion and it could be compromised to make the best choice. Besides that, this is actually an interface suggestion and I don't see why you would bother adding Ctrl shortcuts to the conversation. Right-click has something to do with interface, but I don't really see the point of putting Ctrl shortcuts here.
I and any minimally smart UI programer would bother adding key combinations, yes. Combinations are part of the User Interface.
You should think that adding too many buttons to a GUI scares people. And I don't think it's necessary to add a specific button for this rather obscure feature. It's not fundamental and will be rarely used anyway. Those who would ever want to use it, will discover there are ways to achieve it whether using the context menu or the key combination.

I understand your points, but still it doesn't make sense to bloat the interface with buttons. I bet for adding only those that are really needed. :)

This post was edited on 08-31-2005 at 03:16 PM by KeyStorm.
08-31-2005 03:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: