What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [split] Tab Suggestion

[split] Tab Suggestion
Author: Message:
Poom

Ya-Ha!!!!

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [split] Tab Suggestion
quote:
Poom, i don't see what your problem is really. Every computeruser oughta know the basics (buttons, shortcuts etc), they are throughout every single windowsprogram you use! This is not a 30+ thing at all! Attacking people on age is certainly not appreciated here...

Ugh.... Am I really flaming? Since when did I flame him with age? All I did was guessing that he is 30+ and I never said anything bad about it. Besides that, if you may want to read the whole debate for a minute, KeyStrom actually agrees that 80% won't remember the shortcuts, while you are telling me the opposite. I don't get why you are trying to oppose me in such ways, really. Since when did I flame KeyStrom? So, to you, any discussion with something that can not be agreed is flaming? To me, it is more like a debate. I never got angry and flame him. Tell me if I did cross the borderline. Saying something like that does not get much appreciation from me either.

quote:
Adding loads of buttons will only confuse the user even more...because they won't see wich button is for what anymore..accidently click the wrong one etc. and foremost they will never learn the basic shortcuts in windows..do you want every single program to add lil shortcutbuttons?

Since when did I say all? All I was suggesting is 3 buttons, other than the arrows wihch are implemented. The add new tab button exists in Firefox and other tabbed browser, and it is not so confusing to me. There is a close tab button in Firefox too. Besides, ungroup button is in a program like Trillian. There are ONLY 3 buttons I am suggesting and they exist in tabbed programs.

KeyStrom does get my point a little bit, but he thinks that they are not useful as they are supposed to be.

@KeyStrom:

quote:
And I can pretty much tell you are wrong.
Then I am sorry. There was no offense intended in anyways. Sorry if it does offend you.

quote:
Heh, I'm pretty sure I've IMed more and longer than you.

I can say that you are wrong too, because I do spend a lot of time during weekend chatting, mainly chatting with hot girls. :P

quote:
I'm not so immature to think only for myself. I'd even use thos buttons, probably. But I'm telling you most users will feel sick and confused if that much is added. Actually we could add all sorts of functions to the GUI. Like, why not add fixed buttons for formatting?
Or A direct button to the preferences? Or buttons for scheduler, quoter, Come-back messages, perso status...?

Since when did I say to add all shortcut buttons into the GUI? I think that this conversation is going in the wrong direction. All I am suggesting is 3 buttons. I never suggested format button and those buttons that won't be used that much. The new tab button will be used very often, that is for sure. The ungroup button maybe useful to some, while not to the others. As for the the close button, you may think that it is dangereous or useless. Well... I get your point there, but it can be adjusted to make it less confusing. I will try to think of that in a minute. Again, I am suggesting 3 buttons. 3 buttons that will be used a lot when it comes to tabs, only 3! I am not saying that all the shortcuts should be added. Of course, only the important ones I am suggesting. I don't know why you guys are thinking that I want so much buttons that will create much bloat, but please read my post with more attention. KeyStrom, I do read your posts with a lot of attention, but I find that you do not get my main point there. We are not discussing about shortcuts and buttons, we are discussing about 3 buttons for tab conversation, which will take less space that one tab.

Sunshine, please change your attitude towards me. I actually want Plus! to be good and satisfying to users, not flaming KeyStrom. If you actually think of me that way, then I am very appauled. If my suggestions for making Plus a better plugin means flaming an official tester to you, then there is nothing else to be said. If the attitude still remains the same, then I guess that all I can do is downloading the new Plus! and use it, not giving back any feedbacks nor posting here.

I thought that I have made my points clear enough and tried to hold a debate, not an arguement. If it appears to you that this whole talk has became a flamewar, then I have nothing else to say. Remember that the person who gives feedbacks actually pays attention to the program a lot and hopes that it can improve. TB actually pays more attention to my suggestions and actually applied some of my suggestions. Oh well...

This post was edited on 09-02-2005 at 01:13 PM by Poom.
09-02-2005 01:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: