What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Stability problem with DisplayToast() function

Stability problem with DisplayToast() function
Author: Message:
KooKiz

O.P. RE: Stability problem with DisplayToast() function
Sorry I didn't participate to that topic, I've lost my connection for many months.
About the problem, messenger hangs after displaying the toast. Precisely, it hangs WHILE displaying. Messenger is freezed, and the toast disappears a few seconds after, as if there wasn't any problem.
It occurs randomly, but when it starts happening, it will hang every time you retry until you reboot. So it can be a memory conflict.
I've done several tests to make sure that the string we try to display in the toast isn't responsible. No matter how many characters, ou which code I use, there is still the same problem.

If that can help you, I can send my plugin source code, but I've also tried with a simple plugin (just a toast displayed periodically) and it still randomly freeze. So I don't think you'll learn anything from it.
If you have any debugging function (like logging or backtrace) on messenger plus that can be used, I can give it a try.

This post was edited on 10-13-2005 at 08:52 AM by KooKiz.
10-13-2005 08:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Stability problem with DisplayToast() function - by KooKiz on 07-25-2005 at 08:42 AM
RE: Stability problem with DisplayToast() function - by KooKiz on 07-31-2005 at 01:22 PM
RE: Stability problem with DisplayToast() function - by KokiriChild on 10-04-2005 at 05:22 PM
RE: Stability problem with DisplayToast() function - by (CyBeRDuDe) on 10-04-2005 at 08:25 PM
RE: Stability problem with DisplayToast() function - by Patchou on 10-04-2005 at 09:02 PM
RE: Stability problem with DisplayToast() function - by KokiriChild on 10-05-2005 at 07:35 AM
RE: Stability problem with DisplayToast() function - by CookieRevised on 10-05-2005 at 02:40 PM
RE: Stability problem with DisplayToast() function - by Patchou on 10-05-2005 at 04:52 PM
RE: Stability problem with DisplayToast() function - by KooKiz on 10-13-2005 at 08:51 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: