What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Chat Encryption

Chat Encryption
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Encryption
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
CookieRevised was so eager to prove me wrong that CookieRevised didnt read what I said and what them sites said. Usually when someone is so fast to prove someone wrong either they dont know or they hiding something.
Dreaded, I did read your posts and I did read this thread and the links. And I'm certainly not "eager to proove you wrong". And I certainly have nothing to hide. In fact, I'm not the one who is worried that his convo to his friends or what not is logged. Why on earth should I be afraid? In fact, for all I care, they can log whatever they want from me...

quote:
I never said if they did or didnt log your conversations.
And if you took the time to read my post, you should have seen that I didn't say that you said chats where logged. I replied to something you quoted...

quote:
When it come to terrorism and something criminal you can beat they can and  probably would record everything you say on messenger and even in chatrooms.
Again, if you took the time in actually reading and understanding what I said before, you would have seen that this is exactly what I also have said and exactly my point.... Only when they have a good reason to log something, they will. They will not do it out of the blue at all...

quote:
They do log ip addresses, times in and out. Every site etc.. has some sort of logging. Even this forum logs ip addresses. Even your isp does it. How do you think riaa, mpaa etc.. bust you. And with the patriot act they dont have to give reasons for anything. They get your ip and call your isp and ask what times was ip xxxx was on and who did the ip belong.
And what has that got to do with logging conversations? Nothing... The issue is logging convo's, not logging IP's... There's a massive difference between those two things.

And to be clear, no I'm not talking about logging IP's and the likes in all my replies, I'm talking about logging conversations, the actual subject of this thread...

Oh, and as linx05 has said, those links don't proove anything at all except yet some more hear-say. And even if what a0011010011 said is true, and not some false "evidence" to get some attention and be interesting, that still is not proof at all that they log CONVERSATIONS. a0011010011 said NOTHING about logging CONVERSATIONS.

quote:
Actually there was something about this posted on another forum over a year ago linx05 http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/t21824-log-your...ts-go-to-jail.html
Do not know all the details so you will have to read it and see for yourself.
1) Did you actually read that thread? This has got nothing to do with what linx05 has said.
2) The important stuff (and the only thing which is true)  is what Jeff, an admin on BBB, has said in that thread as a response to again all that out of context and twisted around hear-say about logging being illegal...

And that is an excellent example about what I'm ranting about in this thread and in my replies: hear-say... "X said Y, so it must be true"... "I read about blahblah"... etc...

If you state something which is true, a fact, the next guy who reads it changes that sentence slightly and claims it is true. Then the next guy again leaves some words out. The next guy interprets this and say it in his own words. Etc... Next thing you know you have transformed the fact into a short catch-phrase like urban myth. And that is what is happening here (and with stuff like "msn logs chats") again and again. Instead of the true facts that Jef stated ("What this really means is that those logs may not be admissible as evidence, should you ever go to trial over something else."), people simply read "logging is illegal".

---------

Anyways,

YOUR CHATS ARE NOT LOGGED PEOPLE!!!

Stop all being so paranoid. You should be more worried about those damn "block checker" crap sites and similar stuff where you need to enter your Passport and PWD, or about trojan horses then to be worried about the feds logging your conversations...

Instead of believing everything you hear on forums and sites which are only either designed to make you more paranoid, or consist of people who have no proof what-so-ever but also only say what they got from hear-say, use your brains and think for two minutes or at least learn how criminal investigation works...

Just because you read somewhere "FBI has said that terrorist group x communicated thru IM" does not mean, I repeat: NOT MEAN, that they, MSN, ISP's or whatever log all conversations of everybody. That kind of logging out of the blue is PURE ILLEGAL and is NOT ALLOWED by those same feds in the first place.

It is only DURING/AFTER they have a STRONG suspicion or EVIDENCE of a CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL that they authorize/request logging of conversations. AND ONLY THOSE CONVERSATIONS, nothing more.

This works exactly the same as phone-tapping...

So please, stop being so damn paranoid and stop believing everything you read, don't interpret everything literaly (eg: catch phrases are catch phrases), choose decent sources for your information (eg: not a bunch of also paranoids on some obscure forums), etc...

---------

Anyways, if you want encryption, fine... but don't bring in "msn logs chats" and "feds know what I'm doing" as that is totally out of context, untrue and are simply urban hear-say myths...

This post was edited on 10-14-2005 at 07:43 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-14-2005 06:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Chat Encryption - by s7a5 on 10-14-2005 at 02:26 AM
RE: Chat Encryption - by prashker on 10-14-2005 at 04:04 AM
RE: Chat Encryption - by s7a5 on 10-14-2005 at 05:06 AM
RE: Chat Encryption - by Stigmata on 10-14-2005 at 06:36 AM
RE: Chat Encryption - by dreaded on 10-14-2005 at 06:36 AM
RE: Chat Encryption - by dreaded on 10-14-2005 at 11:47 AM
RE: Chat Encryption - by s7a5 on 10-14-2005 at 02:37 PM