What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Retrieving friendly name of contact who sends action

Retrieving friendly name of contact who sends action
Author: Message:
can16358p

WLM + MP!L User

34 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Retrieving friendly name of contact who sends action
I have a very small c++ knowledge but still can make some small things with it.

In my plugin, if you write a command that start with /x, users on your list with this plugin are notified with a toast that you did this, making this is very simple as you all know :)

But I have three problems;
1. The same notification comes to me too, which I don't want.
2. I just use a specific string for example "Mary has typed the command!", but I want to retrieve this person's friendly name and use it in that toast. (the main reason I opened this topic) How do I retrieve the friendly name of my contact that sent this command to me?
3. When I click the toast, I want to open convo with that person, just like in the way you click when someone sends a message or signs in.
10-16-2005 07:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Retrieving friendly name of contact who sends action - by can16358p on 10-16-2005 at 07:13 PM
RE: Retrieving friendly name of contact who sends action - by Dempsey on 10-16-2005 at 08:52 PM
RE: Retrieving friendly name of contact who sends action - by can16358p on 10-19-2005 at 02:16 PM
RE: Retrieving friendly name of contact who sends action - by J-Thread on 10-19-2005 at 06:44 PM
RE: Retrieving friendly name of contact who sends action - by can16358p on 10-20-2005 at 07:30 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: