What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Velocity Question (Science/Math)

Velocity Question (Science/Math)
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Velocity Question (Science/Math)
Ok here is a question that i heard. I have found the answers so could someone just reconfirm it cause it was in my friends question paper at his univ in his preliminary exams and he didnt know how to solve it so i showed it to him today
But there is no way to confirm the answers as the teacher is not available now ..... the holidays before the exams are on ....

Question:
A car is moving along a road's edge at a velocity of 8 m/s and is 2m wide.
If a man 12 m away starts to cross the road then what is the minimum velocity with which he should cross the road such that he wont be hit by the car. Also find the angle at which he crosses the road

Answers:
Velocity = 1.5291 m/s
Angle = 49.87 degrees (wrt to the road)

Tips
The man doest walk straight accross the road. He walks kinda inclined .... like this ....

[Image: problem.JPG]

I dont wanna tell my method but it involves basic calculus .... its easy but i dont wanna say anything as i dont wanna influence your method .... thats the only way we can get unbiased answers i guess 8-)

Just tell me what your answers are .... and what your basic method is ... no need to explain the steps lol :P Just say "we have A and B we do this and we get C" and so on :P

* John Anderton feels this is gonna take some time

This post was edited on 11-28-2005 at 06:12 PM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
11-28-2005 06:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Velocity Question (Science/Math) - by John Anderton on 11-28-2005 at 06:11 PM
RE: Velocity Question (Science/Math) - by MeEtc on 11-28-2005 at 08:39 PM
RE: Velocity Question (Science/Math) - by John Anderton on 11-29-2005 at 09:59 AM
RE: Velocity Question (Science/Math) - by Rubber Stamp on 11-29-2005 at 03:49 PM
RE: Velocity Question (Science/Math) - by Chrono on 11-29-2005 at 04:34 PM
RE: Velocity Question (Science/Math) - by John Anderton on 11-29-2005 at 05:40 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: