What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » unicows.dll, service unavailable and MSN 7.5.0311

unicows.dll, service unavailable and MSN 7.5.0311
Author: Message:
Stuart

O.P. unicows.dll, service unavailable and MSN 7.5.0311
Ok so I recently downloaded MSN Messenger version 7.5.0311 from mess.be
Now considering that my computer is Windows Millenium Edition, I had to download the spefically modified version so it would work on my computer.
So I download it and proceed to install it, everything works as normal.
Than when I try and enter it after the download, I get a message saying;

one of the library files Unicows.dll is missing.
So I search unicows.dll and there is 1, so I copy it into the MSN messenger folder. And msn than opens.
I than proceed to signing in. But wait! I get a message saying;

Signing in to MSN Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable.

And this message came straight up when I clicked sign in.
So I check to see if the server is ok, and to my surprise, it is up and running.
So I go to connection settings, and it says;

You are currently NOT connect to .NET Messenger Service

So I decided to start a connection troubleshooter.
So I start it, and it gives IP a tick, but than it comes to Default Gateway, and it stops. It says my default gateway appears to be offline. So I click Repair, and I try and sign in again. Still the same thing. So I try this a few times, to no avail.
Now the thing is, I also completely disabled my firewall before trying this.
(Than after it didn't work, I put it back on)
I have looked around the internet and many people are experiencing the same problem. So it isn't just my computer.
I was hoping maybe some of you have some clues as to what is going on and will be able to help me out here.
Thankyou.

All I had to do was copy unicows.dll to the msn folder and it worked.
12-16-2005 06:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
unicows.dll, service unavailable and MSN 7.5.0311 - by Stuart on 12-16-2005 at 06:32 AM
RE: unicows.dll, service unavailable and MSN 7.5.0311 - by CookieRevised on 12-17-2005 at 04:06 AM
RE: unicows.dll, service unavailable and MSN 7.5.0311 - by RaceProUK on 12-17-2005 at 12:19 PM
RE: unicows.dll, service unavailable and MSN 7.5.0311 - by ShawnZ on 12-18-2005 at 01:01 AM
RE: unicows.dll, service unavailable and MSN 7.5.0311 - by [MR] on 12-18-2005 at 01:56 AM
RE: unicows.dll, service unavailable and MSN 7.5.0311 - by Stuart on 12-18-2005 at 02:27 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: