What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :(

'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :(
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :(
quote:
Originally posted by Purity
When that happens to me i have to unplug my modems power cord for about
5-30 seconds  then plug it back it, then it works fine.. my modem
is getting old, i need a new one.
i completely reinstalled the modem and aol after uninstalling it and all its drivers.. :| lol.. still didnt work

EDIT:

BUMP...

it tired typing that thing into the comman prompt and nothing happened......

i dont know what i did but the computer can connect to AOL now but the modem still has that limited or no connectivity thing...

how can i fix it?

Thanks.

EDIT:

New problem.....

when it finally got online the AOL browser said that the broadband that i am currently logged onto is the old one and i need to update the modem drivers to continue to use AOL.... i updated teh drivers and for the first time in ages the 'limited or no connectivity' symbol went away and the modem actually got a proper connectin to AOL....

but when i open the AOL browser to actually log onto the internet. it goes:

Step 1: Initialising modem
2:conecting to (couldnt read the rest it disappears to fast....
3:requesting network attention
4:talking to AOL via broadband
5: connecting to AOL via broadband...

after it gets to step 5 it goes bac k to step 1 and keeps repeating itself.... and doesnt connect to the internet... eventually the AOL broswer crashes....

i run the diagnostics and keep on getting 'phone line is busy' 'Error number - 676'

after it crahses i open the AOL browser again and it doesnt get past step 1.... it comes up
'Modem was unable to establish a broadband connection'

What can i do?

where can i download a setup file of the latest aol because when i try to download one it gives me this stupid thing that needs and internet connectin to get the files but the computer doesnt have the internet so it doesnt work.

Thanks....

This post was edited on 12-16-2005 at 11:12 PM by M73A.

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
12-16-2005 11:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by M73A on 12-15-2005 at 11:43 PM
RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by Zephyr on 12-15-2005 at 11:54 PM
RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by M73A on 12-15-2005 at 11:57 PM
RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by Zephyr on 12-16-2005 at 12:03 AM
RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by M73A on 12-16-2005 at 12:04 AM
RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by Voldemort on 12-16-2005 at 12:15 AM
RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by Purity on 12-16-2005 at 12:18 AM
RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by M73A on 12-16-2005 at 11:36 AM
RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by M73A on 12-16-2005 at 11:10 PM
RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by nano on 12-17-2005 at 01:10 AM
RE: 'Limited Or No Connectivity' Cant Get Online :( - by M73A on 12-17-2005 at 01:18 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: