What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Display on Desktop

Display on Desktop
Author: Message:
picturethis73

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Display on Desktop
Thanks Cookie for your explanation. Yet, I think it wouldn't be that hard to code, but since I don't know your code, I can't really tell can I... :-)

The way MS! can create the list is easy: just specify the location (specify a corner or specific x/y coordinates), the order (alphabetically is actually the only sensible order; just like how MSN does it) and maybe specify the width and height of a desktop-contact. Voila, a list can be created? Of course this list-creating should not replace the current method (where a user can specify each location manually). It would rather be an extra option.

Although I do agree on the fact that there might be little users who would use this option. Maybe a poll on this might help to get to know the users mindset on this (since there are lots and lots of options that I never use and that I cannot see the use of anyway :-)?

However, If I change the (e.g.) transparancy of a desktop-contact, and I specify "Set as Default", all other desktop-contacts change immediately (not only on adding a new one).

Changing the width of a contact is not propagated to the other contacts. Not immediately and not when I add them later-on (i.e. remove one desktop-contact, then change the width of another one, then "Set as Default" (from that changed one) and then add the removed desktop-contact again; the width of the newly added desktop-contact is the same as when I removed it, not the new width I just specified)...

Any thoughts are appreciated. Maybe the discussion would be easier through msn? (picturethis73@hotmail.com). But maybe it's just not going to happen and in that case a discussion wouldn't be that useful :-)

Regards!
12-22-2005 11:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Display on Desktop - by picturethis73 on 12-21-2005 at 09:44 PM
RE: Display on Desktop - by GiantSpider on 12-21-2005 at 09:52 PM
RE: Display on Desktop - by L. Coyote on 12-21-2005 at 11:34 PM
RE: Display on Desktop - by Voldemort on 12-22-2005 at 12:20 AM
RE: Display on Desktop - by picturethis73 on 12-22-2005 at 12:31 AM
RE: Display on Desktop - by Voldemort on 12-22-2005 at 12:41 AM
RE: Display on Desktop - by CookieRevised on 12-22-2005 at 02:10 AM