What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Visual Basic - Detect Registry Changes

Visual Basic - Detect Registry Changes
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Visual Basic - Detect Registry Changes
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Check this page for information about the RegNotifyChangeKeyValue api: http://www.mentalis.org/apilist/RegNotifyChangeKeyValue.shtml
There's an example there too...
That shows only 1 (very small and limited) aspect of the use of the API (and doesn't explain one bit about all the ins and outs of it).

As you can see in that source, it wouldn't do much. In fact your program will not be able to do anything unless that root key (or a subkey) has changed. It doesn't detect multiple individuals keys, it doesn't say what key, etc.. etc... Heck,  with that source you wouldn't be able to detect anything decent let alone the startup entries as asked.

What he wants is closer (if not almost the same) as what is posted almost at the end of that thread in that result-link I posted in my previous post.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I'm pretty sure that Cookie will get mad with me, but ..... (A)
Sorry Cookie... :(

nope... why would I get mad :p

though APIList is not what I call a source where you find stuff which always will work though...I've found many inaccuracies, incomplete stuff (this API description is an example of how limited they are with their info) and bugs in examples there, not to mention that site hasn't been updated in aaaaaages.

This post was edited on 12-28-2005 at 07:38 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-28-2005 07:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Visual Basic - Detect Registry Changes - by DJeX on 12-27-2005 at 04:34 AM
RE: Visual Basic - Detect Registry Changes - by CookieRevised on 12-27-2005 at 06:27 AM
RE: Visual Basic - Detect Registry Changes - by DJeX on 12-27-2005 at 06:46 PM
RE: Visual Basic - Detect Registry Changes - by CookieRevised on 12-28-2005 at 06:35 AM
RE: Visual Basic - Detect Registry Changes - by Mike on 12-28-2005 at 07:10 AM
RE: RE: Visual Basic - Detect Registry Changes - by CookieRevised on 12-28-2005 at 07:18 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: