What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » ADWare and Spyware

ADWare and Spyware
Author: Message:
CptAdvisor

O.P. RE: ADWare and Spyware
This Messenger Plus program has been thoroughly scanned for spyware and adware. I would like to state that most "good" spyware and adware scanners will detect this software as potentially unwanted software, this is because, spyware scans will scan all the way through the installation files and will detect what would happen under all circumstances of installation types. We have scanned the program with top software used by Microsoft and as far as we can see, the program is "SAFE." The program however has been noted to be bundler software and a possible cause of Adware. Adware, can be safe or unsafe. In this case, it is safe. Messenger Plus, has not been created by Microsoft, it is 3rd party software. Please view this forum for more information http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=125198&SiteID=1 Microsoft have not Certified this 3rd Party as their partener and have nothing atall to do with them. I am also noticing that you said OPTIONAL ADWARE which amused me as no one would probably choose to have adware  installed on their computer under any circumstances.

I would also like to note that MSN Messenger Plus is a great add on for MSN messenger and don't let me stop you from using it. I review many websites which provide internet users with Microsoft Products and advise them whether the product is safe and whether the site can be trusted. This website has now been logged under Microsoft Records as a safe site and has been given certification by the Internet Society.

Thanks

This post was edited on 01-05-2006 at 04:42 PM by CptAdvisor.
01-05-2006 04:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
ADWare and Spyware - by CptAdvisor on 01-05-2006 at 03:18 PM
RE: ADWare and Spyware - by Menthix on 01-05-2006 at 03:33 PM
RE: ADWare and Spyware - by absorbation on 01-05-2006 at 04:09 PM
RE: ADWare and Spyware - by Anubis on 01-05-2006 at 04:23 PM
RE: ADWare and Spyware - by CptAdvisor on 01-05-2006 at 04:36 PM
RE: ADWare and Spyware - by Plik on 01-05-2006 at 04:41 PM
RE: ADWare and Spyware - by absorbation on 01-05-2006 at 04:41 PM
RE: ADWare and Spyware - by CptAdvisor on 01-05-2006 at 04:54 PM