What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » task bar across both monitors

task bar across both monitors
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: task bar across both monitors
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
wow thanks cookie

edit: i can't find any way to change the "mode"

Edit2: on second thought after reading what you posted on other posts, ultramon does do what i want rather then the spaning, since i like the duel mod, i just wanted a task bar on the second screen, and i got it plus a few more options
Excellent, but UltraMon can't do anything more than what your screen drivers (or nativly Windows) already can do and be set to though...

---------

To set your multi-moni stuff, go to:
Control Panel > Display Properties > Settings (1) > Advanced (2) > your screen driver special tab (3)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=616868]
example for nVidea cards - click for full size

or other means provided by your specific screen driver.

---------

Note that each mode can be tweaked, mostly depending on the versions of your drivers (but not always). eg: in Dual Mode you could make your taskbar span across screens too, but this isn't a default/standard setting or supported by all drivers. Or in Streched mode you can have different backgrounds for each screen too (with some tricks). etc...

---------

In reply to what is said on IRC: Ultramon may appear to be able to do some stuff, but if it does it means that this stuff is already supported by your driver or it means that the settings are already available in Windows by default. Hence why programs as Ultramon can't do anything more than what is already available under the hood. They simply provide an interface, the same sort of stuff which your driver interface would do (or software provided with your driver). If something is not supported by your driver or nativly by Windows (because you use a specific card and installed specific drivers) in the first place, ultramon will not be able to magically do it either.

Anyways, this wasn't about what Ultramon can or can't do. It is about saying that with almost all multi-moni setups there is already specific software (in the form of driver interfaces or specifically software made for your card) which you can use, you don't especially need programs as Ultramon. But if you find the ultramon interface better (because some driver interfaces can indeed be a bit overwhelming or cluttered), by all means use it...

And the first replies from me were to say that the provided links don't talk about (or not much in detail) the different modes you can set with most cards, needed to understand how multi-monitor setups work and what the default "options" are without the need of anything (except drivers of course).

.gif File Attachment: general_multimonimode.gif (60.57 KB)
This file has been downloaded 179 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-12-2006 at 11:56 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-12-2006 08:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
task bar across both monitors - by NiteMare on 03-12-2006 at 02:43 PM
RE: task bar across both monitors - by John Anderton on 03-12-2006 at 02:57 PM
RE: task bar across both monitors - by NiteMare on 03-12-2006 at 02:59 PM
RE: task bar across both monitors - by John Anderton on 03-12-2006 at 03:03 PM
RE: task bar across both monitors - by NiteMare on 03-12-2006 at 03:15 PM
RE: task bar across both monitors - by CookieRevised on 03-12-2006 at 06:10 PM
RE: task bar across both monitors - by NiteMare on 03-12-2006 at 07:06 PM
RE: RE: task bar across both monitors - by CookieRevised on 03-12-2006 at 08:28 PM
RE: task bar across both monitors - by Nathan on 03-12-2006 at 08:30 PM
RE: task bar across both monitors - by NiteMare on 03-12-2006 at 09:29 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: