What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Hi-fi Speakers with my PC

Hi-fi Speakers with my PC
Author: Message:
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
When you speak of your "hi-fi speakers", do you plug them directly to your soundcard on the PC? Or do you plug your hifi system (aka amplifier) to the soundcard (and thus the hifi speakers are connected to the amplifier, not to the soundcard).
I mean, the speakers themselves are connected to the hi-fi system. Then I use a phono (typo in my first post) cable to connect it to my sound. The phono cable is in the headphone jack on my sound card (green port)

quote:
What is the "playback slot"? What is the proper indication (name or pictogram) printed above that socket?
It says, "Playback" on the left hand side and on the right hand site it says "DAT"

Here is a picture of the cable:
[Image: 799330.jpg]
The red and white connectors are put in the hi-fi and the black connector into the sound card.

quote:
1) Set your sound configuration for your PC to normal (do not adjust anything like bass, treble, etc... set everything to normal/default). Don't forget to check your specific sound driver settings (Windows' own configuration panel is useually not the only control panel for the sound!!!)

2) Do the same for your HiFi system. Set all the bass, treble, midtone, etc at the normal level (useually indicated by "0dB"). This could also mean turning off the "Bass Reflex", "Bass Boost", or whatever other special FX options you might have on the HiFi system.

3) Connect the "Line Input" or "Aux In" from your HiFi system to the "Line Output" or "Aux Out" (not headphone socket if you have a seperate socket for that!!)

4) Connect your speakers to the HiFi system's speaker output. Do not connect them to "Line Out" or whatever. Use the proper special connectors.
OK, im not sure where to put the cables, as nowhere does it mention on either the sound card or the hi-fi about Line Input/Output or Aux In/Out.
the ports I have at the back of the hi-fi are:
REC OUT

Playback     DAT

Phono

One the sound card, there are 5 ports
A black one
A green one (where it is plugged in at the moment)
A pink one (which I know is for a microphone)
A blue one
A yellow one.

This post was edited on 05-03-2006 at 10:09 PM by Reaper.
05-03-2006 10:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 07:11 PM
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by CookieRevised on 05-03-2006 at 09:20 PM
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 10:09 PM
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by CookieRevised on 05-03-2006 at 11:23 PM
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 11:35 PM
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by joemailey on 05-05-2006 at 10:33 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version