What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Hi-fi Speakers with my PC

Hi-fi Speakers with my PC
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC
green one is "front" or "headphones" or "line-out"

pink is "microphone"

blue one is "line in" (for when you want to connect your HiFi to the soundcard and want to record something from your HiFi on your PC for example)

Yellow and black one can be anything, refer to the manual for that (only green, ping, blue are defined fixed colors. Colors of other sockets like "rear", "sub", etc are not fixed and everybody uses his own colorscheme for them)

----

You indeed need to plug in the small stereo jack of the audio cable in the soundcard on the lime green socket.

The other ends (the RCA's plugs) should go to either "PlayBack" (whatever that is, never seen it being used before) or "DAT".

It should work normally then, if not then there is something wrong with your software settings of you sound card (driver config, sound config, effect config, ...)

If normal Windows sounds are ok, but game sounds are way off, check your sound setting in the game (eg: it might be that you've selected 5.1 surround sound in the game, but that you actually don't have it, etc...)

PS: to check if your HiFi is setup correctly you could connect an (portable) CD player, MP3 player, or whatever to it (to the same sockets you would otherwise connect the soundcard with), though prefereabily a standalone CD player or a Cassette Player, and check how the sound "sounds"... Configure your HiFi so it sounds properly (and don't use self-recorded (MP3) CD's when doing this as they are more than often badly equalized already!!!)

When you then connect the soundcard with it and play a normal musicfile on your PC it should sound roughly the same (in context of Bass, Treble, etc). If it doesn't sound roughly the same then your software/drivers configurations on the PC are messed up.

This post was edited on 05-03-2006 at 11:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-03-2006 11:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 07:11 PM
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by CookieRevised on 05-03-2006 at 09:20 PM
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 10:09 PM
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by CookieRevised on 05-03-2006 at 11:23 PM
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 11:35 PM
RE: Hi-fi Speakers with my PC - by joemailey on 05-05-2006 at 10:33 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode