What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!)

Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!)
Author: Message:
Hah

Im in a good mood - take advantage!

37 / Male / –
O.P. Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!)
Hi there,

I don't know if any of you remember me but I've just nipped by with a bit of a tiny complaint about the sponsor (and my sister!).

Now believe me I know all the existing 'problems' and status regarding the sponsor in msgplus but never before have I really experienced a problem with it (at all).

The Story:

(Ok, before I start you should know I run a very tidy computer and I'm doing a degree in Computer Science at the moment so please don't reply with the "The sponsor is optional ....... etc etc" standard post.)

Right, I'm on my computer messing with my new Bluetooth GPS Toy in java while my girlfriend is watching something about the Moor's Murderer's on tv.

Her program ends so she asks me if I can drive her home because shes up at 7 for work. As I'm about to log off my pc my little sister (13) comes in and asks if she can quickly nip on msn to chat to a friend about homework and she promises to log off when shes finished (saving her having to boot up the family pc)

I saw no problem with that and said yep sure as long as you dont touch anything but msn. - She promises.

Twenty minutes later I come back and the computers logged off as promised. I log into msn and i notice the familiar plus! menu - but the computers just been formatted, reinstalled and i didn't install plus. - thats strange i thought - then plus pops up with its configuration wizard. Hmmm - i think my little sisters slightly broke her promise!

A little bit of moaning and she admits she broke her promise, her friend wanted to show off her funky new name so she saw no harm in installing it.

The Problem: 13 Year Old girls don't read installer's - in fact if they did i'd say theres only a pretty small chance they will fully understand what it will do. So when the sponsor question comes along its a quick "hmmm, dont understand, oh well",click, click, click, click, ..., finished.

Oops the sponsors installed but the owner didn't want it too be - its still not fool proof. (or 13 year old sister proof either). - There must be a way! :D.

Just wanted to let you know, Tah,

Hah

P.s. (Please dont post about trusting 13 year old girls either, when my little sister promises to me, i can't help but accept it! - i think its a brother thing!)
This post was brought to you by Hah!
(and he takes no responsibility for it :p)

[Image: signatures.jpg]

{Current Web Site}
05-15-2006 11:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-15-2006 at 11:12 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Chris4 on 05-15-2006 at 11:25 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by qgroessl on 05-15-2006 at 11:27 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-15-2006 at 11:37 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by qgroessl on 05-15-2006 at 11:40 PM
RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-15-2006 at 11:44 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Voldemort on 05-16-2006 at 12:28 AM
RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-16-2006 at 11:19 AM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by dylan! on 05-16-2006 at 12:34 AM
RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-16-2006 at 11:15 AM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Reload2 on 05-16-2006 at 12:39 AM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by zach on 05-16-2006 at 04:29 AM
RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Vilkku on 05-16-2006 at 04:36 AM
RE: RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-16-2006 at 11:06 AM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by qgroessl on 05-16-2006 at 12:00 PM
RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-16-2006 at 12:33 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by qgroessl on 05-16-2006 at 12:35 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: