What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!)

Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!)
Author: Message:
Hah

Im in a good mood - take advantage!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!)
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
Originally posted by zach
I think the installer could have been made clearer like a box that you have to tick which you would miss if you were like your sister. Not everyone is computer savvy.

Well, when you choose to install or not to install the sponsor nothing is ticked by default, and the option that installs it clearly says sponsor. I don't think it can be made any simpler, because to be honest, even if Patchou wants to avoid problems with people installing the sponsor in mistake he still wants you to install it and make money. About the original problem, your sister broke her promise, that's the source of the problem. If you really want your computer clean you shouldn't let ohters who aren't that computer experienced use it, but that is indeed a bit harsh. Also, there are loads of ohter software with adware like this (even if Plus! is made for younger people aswell, at least used by them).

The problem isn't she broke her promise at all. No software should put anyone in the position of installing something they don't want or expect.

Anyone who thinks that everythings fine the way it is, isn't looking closely enough. MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger themselves install toolbars. Plus installs adware. Yes there harmless but sometimes unwanted.

Also people seem to assume that just because they can't install without clicking a button or wating a few seconds means they will read it. Wrong. They will just click at the most likely thing to get it to install.

My girlfriend who's 18 does exactly that, as my 13 year old sister does. My 21 year old brother isn't much better at reading them either. - Age isn't the main issue here. Its computing/IT skills. No matter how many times I tell them to pay attention to what they are installing, there simply too blind to it. They want it installed and don't even think for a second about what else it might install.

I'm not saying I have the solution, in fact I definately know I don't have the solution but somebody somewhere must know a way to stop users doing this (even when they dont know there doing this).

Hope you understand this time,

Tah,

Hah
This post was brought to you by Hah!
(and he takes no responsibility for it :p)

[Image: signatures.jpg]

{Current Web Site}
05-16-2006 11:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-15-2006 at 11:12 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Chris4 on 05-15-2006 at 11:25 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by qgroessl on 05-15-2006 at 11:27 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-15-2006 at 11:37 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by qgroessl on 05-15-2006 at 11:40 PM
RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-15-2006 at 11:44 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Voldemort on 05-16-2006 at 12:28 AM
RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-16-2006 at 11:19 AM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by dylan! on 05-16-2006 at 12:34 AM
RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-16-2006 at 11:15 AM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Reload2 on 05-16-2006 at 12:39 AM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by zach on 05-16-2006 at 04:29 AM
RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Vilkku on 05-16-2006 at 04:36 AM
RE: RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-16-2006 at 11:06 AM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by qgroessl on 05-16-2006 at 12:00 PM
RE: RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by Hah on 05-16-2006 at 12:33 PM
RE: Another sponsor thread (Sorry! I know, I know!) - by qgroessl on 05-16-2006 at 12:35 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: