What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Set dp without leaving it in 'change picture' list (aka break map.dat)

Set dp without leaving it in 'change picture' list (aka break map.dat)
Author: Message:
GearGOD

O.P. RE: Set dp without leaving it in 'change picture' list
Surely there must be some way to automate display pictures without flooding that list? I tried dynamic image generation so that the output name is static, but it still adds a new item to the list every time that same image is reloaded...

Edit: I have found this map.dat file. Where is the existing information about the encryption? I am assuming it links those strange gibberish names to the real filenames... God, hasn't m$ got anything better to do than randomly uselessly name files and create junky folders.

Re-edit: After a bit of research it looks like people went as far as wrapping the enctyption library with a proxy and tracing the calls messenger makes to it, still with no explanation why rebuilding the file doesn't work. I have however, come up with an idea that seems to half work. I found the path of the current display picture in temp, modified it, and told messenger to set the current display picture to that exact same temp path. It updated the picture. It did not add a new item. It did however, corrupt another display picture in the list. If anyone wants to take this up and see if they can get it working, good luck.

This post was edited on 07-10-2006 at 03:22 PM by GearGOD.
07-10-2006 02:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Set dp without leaving it in 'change picture' list (aka break map.dat) - by GearGOD on 07-10-2006 at 12:05 PM
RE: Set dp without leaving it in 'change picture' list - by matty on 07-10-2006 at 01:16 PM
RE: Set dp without leaving it in 'change picture' list - by RaceProUK on 07-10-2006 at 01:37 PM
RE: Set dp without leaving it in 'change picture' list - by GearGOD on 07-10-2006 at 02:29 PM
RE: Set dp without leaving it in 'change picture' list (aka break map.dat) - by noroom on 07-10-2006 at 07:24 PM
RE: Set dp without leaving it in 'change picture' list (aka break map.dat) - by RaceProUK on 07-11-2006 at 08:48 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: