What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Encrypted Logs... (this is not what you think)

Encrypted Logs... (this is not what you think)
Author: Message:
Jo9100

O.P. Undecided  Encrypted Logs... (this is not what you think)
Hi,

My problem is that when I try to open a log, some, maybe all, started in MP!3 (or older), don't open anymore! No I haven't lost or forgot the password and I'm not asking for a wizard who can magically unencrypt them. Heres some clarifications:

(Please note that all the error messages may be different than yours since I'm using the french version ;) )

1. I go into my logs folder, I try to open a log of the current month, I type my password (I'm 100% sure it's the good one) and I get a MsgBox: "Unencrypting has failed. Please try with another password."

2. I get this error with any of the other (old) encrypted logs that I try.

3. I try the "Change password..." in MP!L button, but it keeps telling me that the password is wrong.

4. I'm 100% sure of my password, which I have since years.

5. I recently formatted my 1st hard drive, thus, erasing Plus! but keeping logs on my 2nd HDD.

What's the matter?

Thank you for looking, and in advance for helping :)
07-15-2006 10:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Encrypted Logs... (this is not what you think) - by Jo9100 on 07-15-2006 at 10:15 PM
RE: Encrypted Logs... (this is not what you think) - by jmccarroll on 07-15-2006 at 10:56 PM
RE: Encrypted Logs... (this is not what you think) - by Jo9100 on 07-16-2006 at 01:46 AM
RE: Encrypted Logs... (this is not what you think) - by Jo9100 on 07-17-2006 at 01:44 AM
RE: Encrypted Logs... (this is not what you think) - by RaceProUK on 07-17-2006 at 08:48 AM
RE: Encrypted Logs... (this is not what you think) - by Jo9100 on 07-18-2006 at 02:36 AM
RE: Encrypted Logs... (this is not what you think) - by qgroessl on 07-18-2006 at 02:38 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: