What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » New to Plus! scripting :).

New to Plus! scripting :).
Author: Message:
Buzz44

Messenger Plus! Newbie ^^

– / Male / –
O.P. Grin  New to Plus! scripting :).
Ahoy there!

I only just found out that Messenger Plus! existed 3 days ago and I am looking to create my own script already because its uber good ^^.

The script is already in progress but I am not happy with the startup procedure. Currently I am using OnEvent_Initialize() testing whether the return value is True or False. If False, I initiate my variables and everybody is happy, but if True, I start a timer, using OnEvent_Timer to wait for the timer to trigger, and then initiate my variables.

The problem is the variables involve Messenger.MyName and Messenger.MyPersonalMessage and if the timer doesn't fuction as correctly I get errors because Messenger.MyName etc are not recognised. I may or may not got errors depending on whether; The CPU has just booted up and WML is s et for auto-login, WML is already running (but signed out) and you are signing in, or, you have just started WML and it is signing in automatically.

Depending on which of the above it is, WML takes longer to sign in the and timer trigger event may fire early then expected thus yielding errors. Ofcourse the obvious solution would be to increase the timer interval but I found the whole idea of using a timer worrying, because it is a very unreliable method of testing whether WML is ready or not.

I have 2 questions...

1) In JScript is there a key/reserved word to exit an Event function? For instance, OnGetScriptMenu, if I used a keyword (much like Return or Exit Sub in VB.Net), it will exit the function immediately and..

2) Is there a universal template someone has to accommodate the different situations that the script may start in, ie. CPU booting up, WML starting and WML signing in.

Sorry I can't post any code atm as I'm not at home but give me a few hours and I will ;).

Any help would be appreciated :).

08-31-2006 04:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
New to Plus! scripting :). - by Buzz44 on 08-31-2006 at 04:58 AM
RE: New to Plus! scripting :). - by cloudhunter on 08-31-2006 at 05:02 AM
RE: New to Plus! scripting :). - by Buzz44 on 08-31-2006 at 05:04 AM
RE: New to Plus! scripting :). - by matty on 08-31-2006 at 06:12 AM
RE: New to Plus! scripting :). - by Buzz44 on 08-31-2006 at 07:34 AM
RE: New to Plus! scripting :). - by foaly on 08-31-2006 at 08:03 AM
RE: New to Plus! scripting :). - by Eljay on 08-31-2006 at 08:10 AM