What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] - Currency Converter

[Release] - Currency Converter
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] - Currency translator
quote:
Originally posted by Montago
xe.com charge for their Currency XML Table... so i dropped them as my reference...
you don't need to use the XML table though, you can use their (very easy to use) forms...

quote:
How are the commands not recognized as a commad ??
when you have entered the command the usuall "this isn't reconized as a command, if you meant to send text, put a double // in front of it" message appears. This is because you do not make it clear to the ChatWndSendMessage event that you have handled the text. In other words, return a value (in this case an empty string) if you have handled the command.

quote:
Ill make the option for default output currency, ill make it not temporary, but saved in a file...
No, I didn't meant that. Read carefully what I suggested ;) (or slap me for being not so clear instead :p your choice :D)

What I meant was: provide a way to set a default output option (you got that). But you do not need a full blown GUI for this. You can easly use the submenus for this, since it only will be a selection from a list anyways.

The way you could implement it is to let the user select his global default output via the contactlist Plus! menu.

And as a added feature, you can let the user select another temporary currency output via the plus! menu in a conversation window. But this selection would only be temporary for that specific convo window. Aka: it will overwrite the global default setting.

EDIT: forget about the above... You can't have menu items ticked with a tickmark in Plus! (something for Patchou to add? Will be used a lot if it was available I'd imagine). I assumed you could have menu items ticked...

---------------

Also, whatever you do, don't save it in a file, save it in the registry. Using a file for only 1 settings is a bit over the top.

This post was edited on 10-03-2006 at 06:19 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-03-2006 05:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Release] - Currency Converter - by Montago on 10-03-2006 at 12:03 AM
RE: [Release] - Currency translator - by CookieRevised on 10-03-2006 at 06:00 AM
RE: [Release] - Currency translator - by Montago on 10-03-2006 at 09:29 AM
RE: RE: [Release] - Currency translator - by CookieRevised on 10-03-2006 at 05:07 PM
RE: [Release] - Currency translator - by Underlord on 10-03-2006 at 10:08 AM
RE: [Release] - Currency Converter - by Montago on 10-03-2006 at 02:00 PM
RE: [Release] - Currency Converter - by jameslives on 10-04-2006 at 07:37 PM
[Update] - by Montago on 10-10-2006 at 08:51 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: