What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Show both the "private" and "public" nickname

Show both the "private" and "public" nickname
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Show both the "private" and "public" nickname
I'm sorry I misunderstood (and still not quite sure, but will give it another shot).  Messenger Plus has no way of accessing the names you give people through WLM and so there is no possible way for any script to be able to access this information either.  I'm sorry for that information.

As I quoted in my previous post, Patchou may re-introduce this feature back into Plus if the messenger team doesn't make their system better.  So we might be seeing something later from Patchou, but I wouldn't expect anything too soon as I'm sure Patchou doesn't feel this feature is of great importance.

If anything was possible to be done with the "private" nicknames then I'm sure it would hav been done already, but for now we just have to live with what we've got.
[Image: markee.png]
11-12-2006 08:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Show both the "private" and "public" nickname - by felixsmile on 11-12-2006 at 08:02 AM
RE: Show both the "private" and "public" nickname - by markee on 11-12-2006 at 08:10 AM
RE: Show both the "private" and "public" nickname - by felixsmile on 11-12-2006 at 08:16 AM
RE: Show both the "private" and "public" nickname - by markee on 11-12-2006 at 08:34 AM
RE: Show both the "private" and "public" nickname - by felixsmile on 11-12-2006 at 08:51 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: