What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted

How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted
nehakaul,

Before anyone can reply in a decent way to your question (tssk tssk to people who already replied* :p)), you should describe clearly with the correct words what your problem is.

I understand you don't know English that well. Though, in that case it is especially important that you try and describe your problem as accurate, detailed and in as many clear steps as possible.

Things to know:
- scripts are small program files which are run in Messenger Plus!. They are _always_ located in the subdirectory "\Scripts". Thus this is usually "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts"

- logs are files which contain the conversations you had with your contacts. They are located in the log directory and this directory can be anything (but it surely will not be "C:\Program Files" by default!!!)

- Scripts have got nothing todo with logs, so "which file the log scripts is saved" makes no sense. It is either a script or either a log, not "log scripts".

- When you undelete files from the recycle bin, they are _always_ moved back to their original location already.

- When you state "I have files from messenger plus under program files" it makes little sense, as not one single file of Messenger Plus! (nor Messenger itself) will be installed in "C:\Program Files"....

Unless you mean you have a subdirectory "\MSN Messenger" and "\Messenger Plus! Live" which contains files; this will be normal.

- All in all, I really don't get what you want... I understand you have undeleted some files from the recycle bin, but further than that I don't get (I don't even get if those files were logs or scripts or whatever) :/

So can you explain again in a clear and detailed way, step per step:
1) what you did
2) what happened
3) what you want

?

;)

----------------

* To people who already replied: please make sure you know exactly what he means before trying to help. Not only do I see replies here which I'm certain don't have anything todo with it, some replies are even wrong if they were about what you think it is (I'm sorry to say this though :().

This post was edited on 11-13-2006 at 03:59 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-13-2006 03:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted - by nehakaul on 11-13-2006 at 02:52 AM
RE: How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted - by Panachiba on 11-13-2006 at 03:02 AM
RE: How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted - by matty on 11-13-2006 at 03:17 AM
RE: How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted - by MicroWay on 11-13-2006 at 03:21 AM
RE: How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted - by CookieRevised on 11-13-2006 at 03:51 AM
RE: How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted - by nehakaul on 11-14-2006 at 05:51 AM
RE: RE: How to retrieve log scripts if messenger plus was deleted - by CookieRevised on 11-15-2006 at 02:04 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: