What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [suggestion] don't start script on import

Poll: Do you agree?
No, I like it that they start on install
Yes, but I would like it to be optional
Yes, I don't mind starting it manualy
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
[suggestion] don't start script on import
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import
quote:
Originally posted by markee
This would be extremely useful for someone who gets a lot of scripts to have a look at just the methods used before deciding what to do with the script, people like me.  I know I could always dismantle the script and look at the *.js file but I couldn't be bothered and just install it instead.
I totally agree with this; you took the words right of my mouth...

...because:
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
if you really want to check the scirpt before importing it, just rename the .plsc file to .zip and extract the files :).
If you're dealing with hundreds of scripts and very regulary download scripts to check them out, doing this manually is very time consuming, slows down stuff and actually a hassle. Also, many times, checking how the ScriptInfo.xml is viewed thru the importer is part of that 'script-investigation'...

Also, you might wanna check out a script later on too. If you don't want to run a script, you either need to start the script extracting all over again, or you manually need to add it to the registry.

It is indeed a very big hassle actually and something I cursed upon regulary too (if I may say so)...

...but:
quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
this would confuse a lot of people who haven't used scripts before.
[SNIPPED]
I suppose optional would be OK, but I like the current system best.
is of course very understandable and I agree with this too...

Hence why I like to suggest a hidden registry option for it, so that only the people who actually are used to scripts and know what they are doing, can turn this off.

In that way, people who aren't used to scripts, who are new to scripts and all the other 'beginners' would still see the normal default way as it is now...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-15-2006 12:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[suggestion] don't start script on import - by foaly on 11-14-2006 at 02:48 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by Dempsey on 11-14-2006 at 02:53 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by alexp2_ad on 11-14-2006 at 02:54 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by Menthix on 11-14-2006 at 06:29 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by duck! on 11-14-2006 at 06:38 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by Baggins on 11-14-2006 at 10:47 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by markee on 11-15-2006 at 04:57 AM
RE: RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by alexp2_ad on 11-15-2006 at 11:04 AM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by Patchou on 11-15-2006 at 05:04 AM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by John Anderton on 11-15-2006 at 11:11 AM
RE: RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by CookieRevised on 11-15-2006 at 12:34 PM
RE: RE: RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by alexp2_ad on 11-15-2006 at 01:02 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by markee on 11-15-2006 at 01:43 PM
RE: RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by CookieRevised on 11-15-2006 at 02:48 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by markee on 11-15-2006 at 03:00 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by CookieRevised on 11-15-2006 at 03:15 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by pollolibredegrasa on 11-15-2006 at 03:29 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by MicroWay on 11-15-2006 at 03:50 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by CookieRevised on 11-15-2006 at 04:23 PM
RE: [suggestion] don't start script on import - by pollolibredegrasa on 11-15-2006 at 04:31 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: