What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Automated polygamy

Automated polygamy
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Automated polygamy
It is possible with a Plus! script, but it requires some carefully orchestrated code which includes some kind of syncronization so the script would sign in the correct users and not trying to attempt signing in a user twice.

But:
1) The email addresses and password don't need to be stored; they are stored already by Messenger (tick 'remember me' and 'remember password')
2) auto-running at startup also does not require any special application. In fact, all you should add is 1 application path to your run registry. The script should start up the other instance...
3) Since there is no startup-program, nothing needs to be killed

--------------------------------------------

It is also possible with an external application like you suggest.
Though some things will be the same:

1) The email addresses and password don't need to be stored; they are stored already by Messenger (tick 'remember me' and 'remember password')

quote:
Originally posted by Weyzza
Edit:
Hmm.. I found this thread, but the thing marissa referred didn't work, or maybe I didn't know how to use it :p
And CookieRevised said there was no plugin existed to do that. Time for someone to make that? :p
Those threads are old. Back in those days, the .NET passport list in Windows could only hold 1 .NET passport which would auto-sign in. Now it is a little different, although same thing still applies, there are ways around it. Also, back in those days, there weren't scripts which could do what you can do now with WLM.

All these things together make it that it was very hard if not almost impossible to do it back then. Things have changed (a little, but maybe just enough) regarding that.

Also note that, although polygamy is possible with patching, and even possbile with Messenger Plus! Live now, that side effects can still exist. In fact some functions/interaction of Messenger Plus! Live still do not support polygamy 100% and are known limitations.

This post was edited on 12-13-2006 at 06:22 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-13-2006 06:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Automated polygamy - by Weyzza on 12-13-2006 at 05:38 PM
RE: Automated polygamy - by CookieRevised on 12-13-2006 at 06:03 PM
RE: Automated polygamy - by Weyzza on 12-13-2006 at 06:11 PM
RE: Automated polygamy - by CookieRevised on 12-13-2006 at 06:23 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend