What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » weird programs, help

weird programs, help
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: weird programs
quote:
Originally posted by ThePerson
I installed msgplus with sponser a while ago, and now there are weird programs running all over the place.
what version of Plus! was this btw?

quote:
I followed part of the uninstall sponser instructions, and when I choose remove the sponser it ran:
"C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Dead math bend\SendErrorWeb.exe",
which opened internet explorer, and that internet explorer asked me to type some numbers (which I couldn't read very well, I tried again a few times, but it went away). Now there is no option to uninstall the sponser program.
Install Plus! again, WITH the sponsor program. You must enter the numbers correctly to uninstall it properly..

quote:
Is there a stand alone uninstaller for the sponser program?

The sponsor uninstall run by Plus! IS the standalone version. Plus! itself does not contain any sponsor related material, only the standalone installer, and standalone uninstaller.

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
i had something similar to this. Just delete the files (you may need to unlock them with unlocker) and kill the ie processes after that.
please don't...

The files come from the sponsor program of Plus! And to properly uninstall the sponsor run the uninstaller.

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow
Cant you sys restore to before that day? :S
Never use system restore to "roll back" an installation of a program. System Restore is not a magical backup tool. It is meant for when Windows doesn't start up properly anymore and other severe things...

You can use it to roll back a program, but _only_ if you explicitly made a restore point _right before_ you installed the program.

System restore will restore more than just the program files, it is called 'system' restore because it mostly rolls back system files. And many of those files are constantly changed by simple Windows usage.

In other words, using system restore to roll back a program will most likely roll back more things than you want, especially if it is some days old.

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
Try download some mal-ware, adware and spyware sanners
Windows defender
Ad-aware
Spybot search and destroy
do scans with them and if it doesnt find any we know its not that :P

No, to properly uninstall the sponsor you need to run the uninstaller from Plus!. In almost all cases, anti-virus software do not remove the sponsor completely (eventhough you wont 'see' it anymore popping up) or do more damage.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr4g0n
As for the things running on your computer, I highly doubt that this is the sponsor.

No-one has told me yet where the sponser program installs, what it is named, or any other identifying information about it. Could I get some details?
You can read the detailed info in the EULA of the sponsor, which is presented to you when you install Plus!.

The sponsor is from C2Media which provides ads... (note: ads, not spyware!)

To all the other people in this thread: those files ARE from the sponsor, they are ads from the affiliates of C2Media. Please do not claim it is impossible that they come from the sponsor.

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
It's interesting to note that nobody has linked to this thread, Started and maintained by Patchou himself, which explains how to remove the sponsor program.

If after removing the sponsor program, using the method in the thread I linked to above, deosn't help then try using some of the other methods listed above.

This post was edited on 12-30-2006 at 02:53 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-30-2006 02:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
weird programs, help - by ThePerson on 12-29-2006 at 10:18 PM
RE: weird programs - by Ezra on 12-29-2006 at 10:23 PM
RE: weird programs - by Val on 12-29-2006 at 10:25 PM
RE: weird programs - by ThePerson on 12-29-2006 at 10:32 PM
RE: weird programs - by Supersonicdarky on 12-29-2006 at 10:41 PM
RE: weird programs - by ThePerson on 12-29-2006 at 10:49 PM
RE: RE: weird programs - by CookieRevised on 12-30-2006 at 02:34 AM
RE: weird programs, help - by duck! on 12-29-2006 at 11:29 PM
RE: weird programs, help - by ThePerson on 12-29-2006 at 11:38 PM
RE: weird programs, help - by Dr4g0n on 12-30-2006 at 12:23 AM
RE: RE: weird programs, help - by ThePerson on 12-30-2006 at 12:38 AM
RE: weird programs, help - by MattyRid on 12-30-2006 at 01:01 AM
RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by ThePerson on 12-30-2006 at 03:56 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by MattyRid on 12-30-2006 at 04:14 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by ThePerson on 12-30-2006 at 04:20 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by MattyRid on 12-30-2006 at 05:06 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by ThePerson on 12-30-2006 at 06:14 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by MattyRid on 12-30-2006 at 06:20 AM
RE: weird programs, help - by Adeptus on 12-30-2006 at 05:04 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: