What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » weird programs, help

weird programs, help
Author: Message:
ThePerson

O.P. RE: RE: RE: weird programs
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by ThePerson
I installed msgplus with sponser a while ago, and now there are weird programs running all over the place.
what version of Plus! was this btw?

3 for windows 98.
quote:
quote:
I followed part of the uninstall sponser instructions, and when I choose remove the sponser it ran:
"C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Dead math bend\SendErrorWeb.exe",
which opened internet explorer, and that internet explorer asked me to type some numbers (which I couldn't read very well, I tried again a few times, but it went away). Now there is no option to uninstall the sponser program.
Install Plus! again, WITH the sponsor program. You must enter the numbers correctly to uninstall it properly..
And what are people who have trouble reading messed up letters like that supposed to do? Enter the letters wrong too many times and the sponser program forgets it's installed. That's not in any guide I can find.
quote:
quote:
Is there a stand alone uninstaller for the sponser program?

The sponsor uninstall run by Plus! IS the standalone version. Plus! itself does not contain any sponsor related material, only the standalone installer, and standalone uninstaller.

Ok, but I mean, why did I have to re-install the sponser program just because it forgot it was installed (it didn't forget to show ads). What I wanted was an uninstaller that I didn't have to go through 9 steps to activate.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
i had something similar to this. Just delete the files (you may need to unlock them with unlocker) and kill the ie processes after that.
please don't...

The files come from the sponsor program of Plus! And to properly uninstall the sponsor run the uninstaller.

Ok, why does the sponser program have to install into more than 5 non-standard folders named with random words, and they have no labels indicating where they came from and why they are there? Why are there at least 10 unique programs? Why do they start 2 copies of internet exploerer that have no windows and operate out of those rather than just continuing to run? (trying to obscure their presence?)

Why doesn't it install to
"c:\program files\c2 media advertising\"
and having a single program called c2media.exe that shows the ads and uninstalc2media.exe as the uninstaller?

quote:
quote:
No-one has told me yet where the sponser program installs, what it is named, or any other identifying information about it. Could I get some details?
You can read the detailed info in the EULA of the sponsor, which is presented to you when you install Plus!.

The sponsor is from C2Media which provides ads... (note: ads, not spyware!)

To all the other people in this thread: those files ARE from the sponsor, they are ads from the affiliates of C2Media. Please do not claim it is impossible that they come from the sponsor.

Ok, why aren't the programs labled? How is anyone supposed to know what these unmarked randomly named randomly placed programs are?

Having the answers to all these questions would be quite satisfying, and would also probibly be useful to other forum goers.

This post was edited on 12-30-2006 at 03:58 AM by ThePerson.
12-30-2006 03:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
weird programs, help - by ThePerson on 12-29-2006 at 10:18 PM
RE: weird programs - by Ezra on 12-29-2006 at 10:23 PM
RE: weird programs - by Val on 12-29-2006 at 10:25 PM
RE: weird programs - by ThePerson on 12-29-2006 at 10:32 PM
RE: weird programs - by Supersonicdarky on 12-29-2006 at 10:41 PM
RE: weird programs - by ThePerson on 12-29-2006 at 10:49 PM
RE: RE: weird programs - by CookieRevised on 12-30-2006 at 02:34 AM
RE: weird programs, help - by duck! on 12-29-2006 at 11:29 PM
RE: weird programs, help - by ThePerson on 12-29-2006 at 11:38 PM
RE: weird programs, help - by Dr4g0n on 12-30-2006 at 12:23 AM
RE: RE: weird programs, help - by ThePerson on 12-30-2006 at 12:38 AM
RE: weird programs, help - by MattyRid on 12-30-2006 at 01:01 AM
RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by ThePerson on 12-30-2006 at 03:56 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by MattyRid on 12-30-2006 at 04:14 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by ThePerson on 12-30-2006 at 04:20 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by MattyRid on 12-30-2006 at 05:06 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by ThePerson on 12-30-2006 at 06:14 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: weird programs - by MattyRid on 12-30-2006 at 06:20 AM
RE: weird programs, help - by Adeptus on 12-30-2006 at 05:04 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: