What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] SysTray Icon Changer

[Request] SysTray Icon Changer
Author: Message:
unforsaken

CoderzFactory.org Admin

46 / Male / –
O.P. [Request] SysTray Icon Changer
I'm new to the idea of the Messenger Plus program...I am curious to know if it would be possible for someone to write a script that would interact with either the msn account itself, or the individual msn program running that would allow you to change the system tray icon during normal use.  I know the icon can be changed when in locked mode, but what about normal use.  I am asking as currently both my wife and use the same pc right now.  I found this plus program (btw love the plus) while searching for a way to allow the both of us to be on our own messenger accounts at the same time with both us using the MSN software.  That much is accomplished...however we both have the same exact icon and there is no way to know which is her's and which is mine without opening them.  I think it would be awsome to have an option to change the system tray icon so that one of us could change the icon so we would know which is which.  It would be great to have it either change it back to default upon exiting the msn (which is typically only done on a system reset) or having it assigned to the local account...both our accounts are saved in the MSN profile list.  This maybe asking too much and I'm not sure if its possible to do this or not...but it would be awsome if it could.  If there is anyone out there with the skills/knowhow to do this it would sure make life a lot easier for me and I'm guessing several others as well.

This post was edited on 01-11-2007 at 04:08 AM by unforsaken.
01-11-2007 04:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Request] SysTray Icon Changer - by unforsaken on 01-11-2007 at 04:02 AM
RE: [Request] - by Supersonicdarky on 01-11-2007 at 04:10 AM
RE: [Request] SysTray Icon Changer - by Keikonium on 01-11-2007 at 04:25 AM
RE: RE: [Request] SysTray Icon Changer - by unforsaken on 01-14-2007 at 06:55 PM
RE: [Request] SysTray Icon Changer - by the andyman on 01-11-2007 at 05:08 PM
RE: [Request] SysTray Icon Changer - by CookieRevised on 01-11-2007 at 06:00 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: