What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts.

Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts.
Author: Message:
Maxfarsigth

O.P. Huh?  Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts.
Hello!

I just found this a couple of minutes ago and probably everybody knows about it but anyway i want to say it because i havent found anything related on the web:

There is a diference if you send an offline message to a contact that is:

- "Actually and absolutley offline": he will recive the messages you type when he is online the next time he logs in.

- "Set to appear offline": in you chat window anything you type will appear in red and saying something like.. "your message could not be sended or somehting.." and the contact will never recive that message.

So its like if you set your status to offline you are blocking any incoming action from your contacts.

BUT MORE INTERESTING IS THAT: you can tell if someone has turned into "appear ofline". I dont know a thing about scrips plugins and so on.. but theres gotta be a way to make a program that lets you know if someone is appearing offline using this method.

It is important to say that my version if messenger live is: 8.0.0812.00 and the contact i tested all this has the same version.

Excues my english, its not my mothr lenguaje.. hope you guys just get the idea.

Any coments apreciated.. Thankyou and goodbye.

01-21-2007 06:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts. - by Maxfarsigth on 01-21-2007 at 06:53 PM
RE: Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts. - by Oxy on 01-21-2007 at 07:27 PM
RE: Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts. - by lutonsteve2 on 01-22-2007 at 10:24 PM
RE: RE: Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts. - by FineWolf on 01-22-2007 at 10:26 PM
RE: Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts. - by lutonsteve2 on 01-22-2007 at 10:30 PM
RE: Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts. - by Jarrod on 01-28-2007 at 10:55 AM
RE: Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts. - by NanaFreak on 01-28-2007 at 11:02 AM
RE: Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts. - by eXit12 on 06-26-2007 at 03:05 PM
RE: Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts. - by MicroWay on 06-26-2007 at 03:18 PM
RE: Offline messages to "appear offline" contacts. - by ahmetgns on 06-27-2007 at 08:03 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: