What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » contactsay help

contactsay help
Author: Message:
supadigital

47 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: contactsay help
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
Originally posted by lowlifelunatic
msn and plus
MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus! 3 OR Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live?

err, no scripts in plus! 3...

learn...

* Supersonicdarky runs

err, learn... what? I am sorry for resurrecting an old post, but there was no clear answer. Your post confuses things. Could you please explain further or elaborate? I am running scripts in Messenger Plus! Ver. 4.11.0.245 (with your name on it) installed on the latest version of Windows Live Messenger ver. 8.1. All have worked fine so far, except for /Contactsay. A great script by the way, it just does not work with the latest Version of Messenger it would seem. So Messenger Plus! Ver. 3.X does not have scripting? I could goto the Change Log and find out that...

Messenger Plus! Live 4.00.234 (24/06/2006)

The old plugins interface from Plus! 3 has been replaced with a brand new scripting interface. The scripting engine makes it easier for everybody to write their own add-ons (providing you know JScript, documentation is provided).

But I came to the forums to search for an answer to my question because it contains a history of questions and answers. So if there is no scripting in Ver. 3.x there is no problem because the /contactsay script could not have been installed. Typo maybe? but the question contained OR...

My question was: How do I get Windows Live Messenger 8.1 with  Plus! Live ver. 4.11.0.254 to stop using the /contactsay script.  It is not allowing me to stop using other peoples names. (This by the way makes some people angry when you keep using their name to post, and makes yourself feel dumb for not knowing how to stop it)

The answer is: the /contactsay script can be removed by opening the Plus! dropdown menu, then selecting Preferences. Select the General Tab at the top left, then select scripts on the bottom left, select the /contactsay script, hit the remove button, select OK, then shut down Windows Live Messenger, open it back up and change your name to whatever witty thing you have come up with for today.

Maybe there is a way to turn it off without removing it, I have searched and tried, but found nothing so far. If anyone knows how to disable it please let us all know. The disable button did not work for me, it just kept using the last persons name I used /contactsay on. No matter if I shut WLM down and restarted it or even rebooted.

Thanks to all the previous posters who pointed me in the right direction to solve this annoying problem. 
Almost every question you could ever think of has already been asked, I love to be able to search for the answer to my question.

This post was edited on 02-25-2007 at 10:38 PM by supadigital.
02-25-2007 10:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
contactsay help - by chrisw on 02-11-2007 at 12:32 AM
RE: contactsay help - by roflmao456 on 02-11-2007 at 12:36 AM
RE: contactsay help - by lowlifelunatic on 02-14-2007 at 01:29 AM
RE: contactsay help - by Nagamasa on 02-14-2007 at 02:11 AM
RE: RE: contactsay help - by vikke on 02-14-2007 at 06:26 AM
RE: RE: contactsay help - by Supersonicdarky on 02-24-2007 at 01:38 AM
RE: contactsay help - by Wally on 02-14-2007 at 08:48 AM
RE: contactsay help - by lowlifelunatic on 02-14-2007 at 01:31 PM