What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Unable to delete duplicate contacts

Unable to delete duplicate contacts
Author: Message:
Vilkku
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts
Your contact list is not stored on the hard drive, but on servers. I don't have an solution for your actual problem, but I would simply try with uninstalling WLM and install it again, but I don't think this will make a difference, as the contacts are, like I said, on a server so if you indeed made duplicate entries of each contact they would not be removed from your contact list.
However, the protocol WLM uses should, AFAIK, prevent duplicate entries (two contacts with the same e-mail), so it sounds a bit odd that you have identical copies of your contacts. When a contact comes online, does he or she only come online on one of the contact entries?
If you feel uncomfortable with removing WLM entirely, you can backup your contact list into a file by choosing Contacts on the main WLM window and then choose Backup contacts (I'm not able to give you the exact English name, but you should be able to figure it out - it's at the bottom of the Contacts menu). Note that the file is no more than a text file with a different extension, which contains a list of e-mail addresses. WLM will continue to retrieve contact information from it's servers even after the backup.
[Image: signature.php]
02-26-2007 08:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by mikewazowski on 02-26-2007 at 08:20 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by Vilkku on 02-26-2007 at 08:47 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by mikewazowski on 02-26-2007 at 09:02 PM
RE: RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by Vilkku on 02-26-2007 at 09:09 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by Voldemort on 02-26-2007 at 09:30 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by mikewazowski on 02-26-2007 at 11:12 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by Voldemort on 02-27-2007 at 01:35 AM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by mikewazowski on 02-27-2007 at 04:35 PM
RE: Unable to delete duplicate contacts - by mikewazowski on 02-27-2007 at 06:10 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: