What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » request for info/thoughts on 'Sandboxie'

request for info/thoughts on 'Sandboxie'
Author: Message:
joey

Epoc Faileur.

34 / Other / Flag
RE: request for info/thoughts on 'Sandboxie'
i know that hackers/crackers use them to test worms/viruses/etc. and i think whats that Microsoft used with Vista too. ive only heard a bit about them though.

its takes out a certian amont of memory and hard disk space and creates an environment that is only connected to the rest of the computer by reading from it, but i cant write to it.

you run a program in it and it carries out whatever you wanted it to and logs everything that happens. and best bit is if something goes wrong, you get rid of everything, and start a new sandbox! it also stops anything being written to the hard drive, and writes it into the sandbox so there's no chance of anything harmful being installed in your hard drive. its good for browsing, just run firefox/P2P programs in it and any viruses that may be downloaded goes into the sandbox instead.

This post was edited on 05-16-2007 at 02:32 PM by joey.

Break my heart all you want, i'm on the NHS.
ever wondered what it's like to ejaculate through your ears...? ;o
05-16-2007 11:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
request for info/thoughts on 'Sandboxie' - by CookieRevised on 05-16-2007 at 11:44 AM
RE: request for info/thoughts on 'Sandboxie' - by joey on 05-16-2007 at 11:50 AM
RE: request for info/thoughts on 'Sandboxie' - by andrewdodd13 on 05-16-2007 at 03:57 PM
RE: request for info/thoughts on 'Sandboxie' - by Verte on 05-16-2007 at 04:16 PM
RE: request for info/thoughts on 'Sandboxie' - by CookieRevised on 05-16-2007 at 04:19 PM
RE: RE: request for info/thoughts on 'Sandboxie' - by Verte on 05-16-2007 at 04:45 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: