What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a live emotisound

Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a live emotisound
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a live emotisound
I have just thought that, Sunshine's method can be used as a start point of this new feature. Plus! can set status to Busy, like the current case when Configuration Wizard is launched, which I don't like the working shape of it, when recording starts and again set previous status when recording is stopped. But Plus! additionally has to check "Don't play sounds when my status is 'Busy'" option temporarily in General Sound Options of Plus! even if it isn't checked. And only one limitation will occur here, which is status won't be set to Busy when people Appearing Offline so external sounds of Messenger may still interfere to emotion sounds at this time.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Some people want to record their Plus! and WLM sounds too, so what about those? (I know you're going to suggest to make it optional though, but still  :p)
No, it will be mandatory for all people, i.e., no option for it, like the case of Configuration Wizard. Those weird people who may want to record Messenger sounds can still record them through either WLM's Options window or MsgPlus! Sound Library.
quote:
What I mean is that Plus! shouldn't turn into a sound control center, or blogging tool (people have suggested things regarding this in the past), or full blown scheduler/alarm system.
My suggestion is very very far from such kind of completely new features.
quote:
Plus! is an addon for an instant messenger. If you want to create great sounds and effect and such stuff, you should use a dedicated tool. This is the same reason why Plus! only has a very limited trimming function for the sounds. If you want to create decently trimmed sounds, use a wave editor.
* ahmetgns reads again his posts if he wrote something like "I want to create great sounds"
quote:
It is better to teach people how to do it in the proper way than taking them by hand and treating them as dumbo's. Because in that way, they always will be dumbo's and will never learn to use a computer (and then you get suggestions like "can't Plus! include a picture editor for my display pictures" -also something requested in the past-).
MsgPlus! is not supposed to make every thing avaliable which people may want in their messengers, but yet MsgPlus! is supposed to be user friendly and such an easy automatic disable option mustn't be very avoidable thing, I think. Please download random sounds occasionally, you will probably hear some Messenger sounds in them.
quote:
Note: if it would have been a hell of a job to disable sounds and if it would require editing your registry and all, I would have agreed with the suggestion.
No, if people can't think that they shouldn't allow Messenger sounds interfere to their creations, how can they know or why are they interested in how to disable it in registry.
quote:
But it is dead-easy to do it, so I really see no point to add something which probably will only be used extremely occasionally by only a very select few.

How many times do people run Configuration Wizard, but yet Patchou has considered it important and coded as it will set your status to Busy, won't it?
05-31-2007 11:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a live emotisound - by ahmetgns on 05-30-2007 at 10:49 AM
RE: Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a live emotisound - by Sunshine on 05-30-2007 at 11:19 AM
RE: Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a live emotis - by Phillip on 05-30-2007 at 11:54 AM
RE: Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a live emotisound - by CookieRevised on 05-30-2007 at 03:51 PM
RE: Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a live emotisound - by ahmetgns on 05-30-2007 at 04:48 PM
RE: Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a live emotisound - by CookieRevised on 05-30-2007 at 07:34 PM
RE: RE: Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a live emotisound - by ahmetgns on 05-31-2007 at 11:53 AM
RE: RE: RE: Let Plus! prevent other possible sounds to be played when recording a liv - by CookieRevised on 05-31-2007 at 01:46 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: