What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » My auto-block script messes up [MsgPlus bug?]

My auto-block script messes up [MsgPlus bug?]
Author: Message:
kam1kaz3

– / Male / –
O.P. My auto-block script messes up [MsgPlus bug?]
Hi,

I was creating a script with the purpose of auto-blocking any contacts that go offline, and unblock them when they come online.

I created this script successfully, tested it, and it works, but after some time things start to get messed up, people appearing offline when in fact they are online and vice-versa. (re-logging will make things go back to normal)

Also, I noticed that some sign in/sign out events are not happening (and not even showing in the MsgPlus! Event Listing window), therefore unsynchronizing my script with the actual state of messenger.

Another thing I noticed, is that when a contact is unblocked at start, and then blocked with a script, if after that you right-click the contact, the option "unblock contact" isn't there, instead there's a "block contact" option, and only after you click it, the "ublock contact" will appear :S (edit: this only happens sometimes though... couldn't find a way to reproduce this yet)

Is it me doing something wrong or is this actually a bug in MsgPlus?

Thank you for your time.

More info:
MSN version: 8.1.0178.00
Plus! Version: 4.23.0.276

I block/unblock contacts using the Contact::Blocked property.

This post was edited on 08-05-2007 at 04:18 PM by kam1kaz3.
08-05-2007 02:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
My auto-block script messes up [MsgPlus bug?] - by kam1kaz3 on 08-05-2007 at 02:09 PM
RE: My auto-block script messes up [MsgPlus bug?] - by matty on 08-05-2007 at 03:30 PM
RE: My auto-block script messes up [MsgPlus bug?] - by kam1kaz3 on 08-05-2007 at 04:16 PM
RE: My auto-block script messes up [MsgPlus bug?] - by matty on 08-05-2007 at 04:28 PM
RE: RE: My auto-block script messes up [MsgPlus bug?] - by kam1kaz3 on 08-05-2007 at 04:33 PM
RE: My auto-block script messes up [MsgPlus bug?] - by kam1kaz3 on 08-06-2007 at 12:48 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: