What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows messenger 5.1 compatibility

Windows messenger 5.1 compatibility
Author: Message:
beebee

O.P. Windows messenger 5.1 compatibility
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and am looking for some help. I have Windows messenger 5.1, and am hoping to communicate with someone using MSN messenger.  I have read that they are compatible, but I want to make sure this will work.  I like my messenger much better than all the hyped up versions.  It's very clean, simple, uncluttered, no ads,and is a small file, which seems to use few resources compared to the other messengers (please correct me if I'm wrong). 

I recently updated from 4.7 to 5.1 and I hope this was not a mistake, because I really liked 4.7.  Will this new version work just as well, and does it have any undesirable qualities?  I would like to know, since I have not used it yet.  Anyway I would like to know which messengers my version will be compatible with (Windows Live, MSN, Yahoo?), how compatible it will be, and what problems or limitations I might encounter.  Thank you in advance.

P.S.  How can I remove the customer service improvement link in my messenger?  I really annoys me.
08-29-2007 11:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Windows messenger 5.1 compatibility - by beebee on 08-29-2007 at 11:55 AM
RE: Windows messenger 5.1 compatibility - by Sunshine on 08-29-2007 at 01:17 PM
RE: Windows messenger 5.1 compatibility - by Shiny Rabbit on 08-29-2007 at 06:59 PM
RE: Windows messenger 5.1 compatibility - by beebee on 08-29-2007 at 11:50 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: