What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [split] MSN Content Plus...help

[split] MSN Content Plus...help
Author: Message:
OldFartUK

O.P. RE: [split] MSN Content Plus...help
Ah well, the dummy files were there to see if anything else happens, also, if you make them read only, it stops you getting them again (cos it cant overwrite them). Booting into safe mode doesnt work, because it still fires them up, and locks them for delete, because i've found the registry key thats firing them up -

In HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run theres a key called MSNSYSLOG with the value C:\windows\msnlogm.exe

Im too far down the solution to test this, but i suspect if you delete that registry key then reboot that will have the same kiss of death to the popup.

The problem with safe mode is your still firing up windows, if you want total freedom to frig about with it and not hit files in use (and therefore locked), then your far and away better booting up this way.

**EDIT**

I reinfected a machine to test it. Seems i'm correct; if you first delete this registry key and reboot, you can delete the two files with no hassle.

This post was edited on 09-24-2007 at 01:04 PM by OldFartUK.
09-24-2007 12:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: